GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default Custom Bumper on a Silverado...

This belongs to a friend of mine up in NY and I posted pics of his truck before and a few have asked about it.. He paid $800 from a Co that is no longer. But here are some pics Saw him today.. By the way he has 320K on it and still tows cars to Tracks all over the NE...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0468.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	50042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0469.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	50043Older pic...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9861.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	50044
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

very nice! love the looks of these bumpers. Many of them are angled forwards at the back where they form the wheel well opening which allows for larger tires with out lift.

On the 03-05's the bumper was almost square at the back, the lower most corner would require trimming.
    If you look at the new bumpers on the 2011-current duramax, you'll notice that they angled it forwards correcting this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by barefoot greg View Post
    On the 03-05's the bumper was almost square at the back, the lower most corner would require trimming. If you look at the new bumpers on the 2011-current duramax, you'll notice that they angled it forwards correcting this issue.
    Indeed. I had to trim there as well as in the fender well.

myself aswell, I had already ordered my Bumper when i was installing my wheels so I just 45'd the stock bumper with a reciprocating saw until the new one showed up.

Sr. Mechanic

That one looks awesome and only 800 for that is a great deal. I wish I could find someone that builds them around here without emptying my bank.
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT 6.0L 4x4
    UWS Low Profile toolbox 10% tint front and over stock back tint
    AirAid MIT and K&N airfilter
    BlackBear Performance

Quote Originally Posted by sierra11 View Post
    That one looks awesome and only 800 for that is a great deal. I wish I could find someone that builds them around here without emptying my bank.
    Tell me about it. Ive wanted one of those style bumpers for years. Just way too expensive.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member