GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Fuse blowing problem

I was reffered here from a good friend who swears by the people on here, I could really use some help guys!

My problem is -Passenger and driver power seat not working along with passenger front and back power windows. Replaced Jcase fuse 69 which solved the problem but within 2 blocks the fuse popped and could smell serious burning (everything works for those few minutes)

2008 Chev. Silverado
    Crew Cab LTZ, 5.3 1500

I am not the most mechanically inclined but I'm also not afraid to get my hands dirty. I think it has to be a short somewhere correct? But I've tryed to trace it back and havnt seen anything that looks like it could be shorting it out.
    I read somewhere about possibly a relay problem? (I have no idea what a "relay" is I just read something about it with someone else with a samilar problem)

Hope to hear back and thank you very much a head of time!

Fuse # 69 supplies an electrical center under the dash, it is called Mid-Bussed Electrical Center 1.

It is a connector that has a number of cables plugged into it. You can find it under the dash, mounted on the firewall, on the driver's side of center.

Inspect it for damage and if it looks good, try unplugging one cable at a time until the fuse stops blowing. You will then be able to follow the cable to a damaged area, or a device that appears burnt.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

I appreciate such a quick reply and after class this weekend I am going to do everything I can to find this! Can't tell you how much this hopefully will help me and I will definately keep you posted on how it goes