GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Leveling kit opinions and experience....

I have a 2002 Silverado Ext cab 4x4 that I have been thinking of leveling the front end. I am running 265/75/16 tires with 16x7 wheels with a 0mm offset. I would like to level the front end, but would consider a small leveling lift. I'm just looking for ideas right now. Any pictures or at least experience/opinions would be greatly apprecitated.

Hey there, I did a front end 2" leveling kit from Max Trac. Not a large difference, but noticeable. I have some photo's of it in my garage if you'd like to see what they look like. Good luck and let us know what you finally decide on!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

If you wouldn't mind posting or sending the pics that would be great. I just bought my truck about a month ago and I'm trying to get it to where I want it to be. As soon as I finish in the next few weeks I will definately post pictures of it on here.

I did a Rough Country 2" level kit. I did their full kit with the blocks in the back and shocks included. My frame gained 2 inches but my front bumper gained about 5 and my rear gained 1 1/2". Took about 2 hours to install taking my time. Here are some before and after pics with my 265/75 R16's still on. I still haven't taken a pic with the 285's yet.

Before Kit:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before Lift.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	50116

After the Kit:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lift Kit.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	50115

Thanks for the input and pics Morpheus! Thats the kind of stance I'm looking to achieve. I was just looking at the exact kit from Rough Country. Do you need the steering stabilzer or do you not notice a difference in the steering?

- - - Updated - - -

The only full leveling kit from Rough Country that I'm seeing for my '02 has 3" rear blocks, is this the same kit you installed Morpheus?

No prob man. Yea that's the same kit I installed. Comes with 3 inch blocks, 4 N2O Shocks and the torsion keys. I didn't notice any difference in steering with my truck but I'm probably going to install the steering stabilizer just for help off-road. It's a nice kit. The blocks and the keys are forged and the shocks help a lot. You'll want to make sure you get an alignment ASAP after the kit is installed. It'll tow in your tires a little bit after the install.

Also, you'll want to make sure you get the full kit because leveling kits on our vehicles without the blocks will make your truck look like it's squatting in the rear. They're notorious for that. The blocks really even it up.
    Last edited by Morpheus; 03-05-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: additional info

I've never messed with torsion keys so this might be a dumb question. Once you install the new keys do you need to crank the torsion bar any to get more height?

I installed the ProComp 2.5" on my 2013 Crew 4X4 and love it.. Pretty fun to install too

The instructions will explain everything you'll need to do. Basically you'll measure how much of the thread on the bolt is sticking out as the truck is. When you install the new keys you'll put the bolts back in at the same length and then once you're finished with the entire kit you'll want to adjust it to be level on both sides and in the front. More than likely you wont need to adjust it much. Some more advice would be to use a ball joint puller and not the torsion key tool they try to sell you on the website. Also, when you're ready to replace the keys you may want to take the bolt out first, then crank the keys back up to remove the stop. You don't want the clamp on the keys for too long because it'll slip off. That was the fail proof way for me to get it done.

Sounds like it's not to hard of a task. I think I will get the full kit from rough country. Thanks again for all the help, its greatly appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast