GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Youtube channel

Default Youtube channel

So should I start a YouTube channel? I've been bugged alot about fiberglassing and system installs...seems like a lot of work, who here benefits from a well run YouTube channels and what do you like seeing on these channels? I'm removing my current SQC competition sound system and installing a very substantial JL audio SQC setup this summer when my shop is finished, that would be one of the first things I post.

I watch you tube videos of repairs that I have not done on my truck before. Sure, I have done plenty of water pumps, but watching a video about how to do it on my 5.3L yukon xl lets me know what little things that need to be done for the specific model. I find them helpful when well done. I can't stand the videos that have tons of special effects. Sweet production man!! but, I am here for information not a production. I also appreciate when it is done is multiple parts, ie part1 part2..etc, I like this because if I know nothing about the subject matter then I start at part 1, that usually covers the basic stuff. If I know thinks like how to remove all of the things needed to do the water pump (like fan shroud, clutch fan, air intake tube) then I can move on to part 2 without wasting my time watching something I already know about

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Do it!!!! Lets see..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I use youtube for things with which I'm unfamiliar on my truck, too. (It was invaluable to see how the spare tire mechanism worked on our trucks before trying to get mine down for the first time.) I also use it to learn things I've not done before (example: using VHT Nightshade on 3rd brake light or tail light lenses).

I'd love to learn how custom fiberglass panels are made and know nothing about the fiberglassing process. There may be videos out there on how to do it, but it'd be invaluable to learn it from a source I already know and trust.

I'm sure a lot of people would benefit from videos on improving body grounds, sussing out system noise, tuning their amps, etc. Plus, it's free press for you and your sponsors. Seems win-win, to me.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 03-02-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Do it! Youtube helps me with all my bike repairs.
    -K&N Air Filter

I would be interested. As was said before it is one thing to watch a video from joe blow but it is another thing tho get info from someone you have confidence in.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18