GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default New Mods I'm savin up for

Hey so i've been doin some google'n lol.

I took a photo of my truck, opened it in a paint file, and began copy n pasting photos off the net that I cropped.
    I'm wondering what you guys think so good bad whatever let me know what you think about the look i'm going for.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exterior mods.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	50125

1) 4' x 4' x 4" Roof Rack with Light Cage From DefenderRack.com

2) Full Length Roll bar with Grab Handles from TruckRollBar.com

3) Ladder Bars, These are Tuff Country but Im not set on Brand yet

4) Camper Style Tow Mirrors with Turn Signals

5) N-Fab Step Bars I have but havent installed yet (Winter!)

6) 48" CB antennas I also have but havent installed yet ( Still Winter!) lol

Here's a photo of an idea for Decals I had the other day:

Name:	decal concept 1.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	50126

Also I wanna Rhino Line or equivalent the under carraige and either the bottom 4" or so of the body leaving most of the silver, of halfway up the body to the factory crease, covering up all the silver and Goin with a Green & Black Paint Scheme.

Found this Truck on the Net and Me likey! lol

Name:	02 silverado green and black.jpg 
Views:	754 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	50127

Let me know what you guys think!

I think it's a bit busy with the roll bar and roof rack. And really, really busy looking with the graphics.

I agree with you about the simple and clean look of the truck whose pic you found on the net and linked. That's tough and classy.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I have to agree the Full rack in back is not for me.. The top rack is nice
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend
    Blog Entries

The graphics I can't picture on your truck, mainly because of the two tone already in existance. I like the roof rack, and the rollbar though.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

first pic is way too busy for my taste personally. I think if your going to go in a direction with your truck the second pic you put up was a better way to go. The dark bumpers and grill without the racks looks a ton clearer to me.

yeah the graphics i had the same feeling about, just something i thought up but like said, with the 2 tone paint it'd be a bit much, And if i Rhino line the bottom half of the body like i wanna do then the graphics would wind up only on the green in which case they'd get scrunched and look even worse.

I think in the first pic, I think alotta the reason why it clashes so much is because its just copy n pasted. so the lighting in every individual image is different and they're slightly stretched n skewed.

If were all done to one vehicle i think it'd look alot better.

your truck looks great as it currently is! The roll bar idea is really ugly, i'm sorry, but it is. the graphics would be okay with maybe two swooshes, max. In all cases on trucks, overdone add-ons and graphics are a bad idea. Trucks are beautiful, not at all like those damn egg-shaped cars everyone drives, and the simplicity of a truck needs to show first and foremost.

i would also go for a single whip, mounted left, right or center. Your hood, wheels, tires, bumper look fantastic, and the tool box says you are a worker, not a pretender. Keep it that way.