GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The company I ordered mine from is NorCal trucks. I called them a few weeks ago to check on the status of my mounts. They don't actually manufacture the mounts themselves so they are at the mercy of others. They told me the mounts had been made and sent to the powder coater to be painted. I should have them in hand in about another week or so. I will post pics when I do the install with lots of pics. @Burden33 has mounted a 50 inch bar on his truck and I am looking forward to the advice he has on switch location. If you have any questions that I may be able to help with just let me know.

Just got an email from NorCal trucks. Brackets are in the mail!!!!
    Last edited by aloxdaddy99; 03-07-2013 at 07:25 PM.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

aloxdaddy99- I couldn't wait to order the brackets, so I just drilled a new set of bolt holes for mine. Although, having the smaller brackets would have made my install a lot easier. I posted a couple of pictures if you're interested. Just FYI, there is barely room in the air-dam area as it is, and installing the 20" light bar is a BITCH w/o pulling the bumper.

I hope your install goes a lot smoother than mine did. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBurgandy View Post
    Just FYI, there is barely room in the air-dam area as it is, and installing the 20" light bar is a BITCH w/o pulling the bumper.
    Why not pull the bumper. It's pretty darn easy to remove...

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    99-06 (and 07 classic) trucks are NBS (new body style) trucks.
    07 to 2013 are NNBS (new new body style) trucks.

@SupplySgt, I bought the bars and a pair of Dually D2 flush mounts for the rear bumper in November since I got a black Friday deal that saved me 15%. I had to do a number of electrical and mount mods before installation, so the work wasn't done until Feb given the holidays, the cold, and the sheer number of things I had to custom fab.
    @SurrealOne Have you noticed any increase in operating temperature since install? It appears that more than half of the slots are somewhat blocked from the lights. Just curious as I may be interested in mounting a bar behind my grille that I installed(with no noticeable increase in temp. noted) in that slot.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    @SurrealOne Have you noticed any increase in operating temperature since install? It appears that more than half of the slots are somewhat blocked from the lights. Just curious as I may be interested in mounting a bar behind my grille that I installed(with no noticeable increase in temp. noted) in that slot.
    No change, at all. Keep in mind, though, I replaced my OEM 28" radiator with an aftermarket 34" radiator ... so I have added heat exchange surface area compared to what the truck came with. I've also done a transmission cooler upgrade from the OEM tranny cooler to the Tru Cool 40K GVWR which adds heat exchange surface area for the transmission fluid. Last, I've done an efan conversion and my fans are set to come on at 190F. They ran very little prior to the addition of the bars ... and there's been no real delta. (Obviously they run more in summer, as AC activiation will also turn them on.)

The person to ask would be @SeanBurgandy, as he's got a NNBS truck, like you, and I don't think he's done the kind of cooling mods I've done. @aloxdaddy99 would be a close second, as his radiator is OEM but he's upgraded his tranny cooler to the Tru Cool 40K GVWR, as well. Either should be able to provide a closer benchmark than I can once they've run with their bars installed for a while. (Also note that you'd likely be installing the same 20" bar they are using, so again ... a closer guestimate than I can provide since my bars and airflow through the bumper slot are different from yours/theirs.)

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    The company I ordered mine from is NorCal trucks. I called them a few weeks ago to check on the status of my mounts. They don't actually manufacture the mounts themselves so they are at the mercy of others. They told me the mounts had been made and sent to the powder coater to be painted. I should have them in hand in about another week or so. I will post pics when I do the install with lots of pics. @Burden33 has mounted a 50 inch bar on his truck and I am looking forward to the advice he has on switch location. If you have any questions that I may be able to help with just let me know.

I just got to say i love my light bar best thing i ever put on for lights. i was going to mount the switch up with my dome lights where put it was going to cost me a lot of time which i didnt had at the time and when the light switch was turn on it was actually alot brighter then i thought so i ended mounting it below my fog light switch out of the way ill take pics when i get home and post the switch. btw be careful not to over tighten the nut on the bar when you mount it i ended up doing it the other night and cracked the bolt off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post

I just got to say i love my light bar best thing i ever put on for lights. i was going to mount the switch up with my dome lights where put it was going to cost me a lot of time which i didnt had at the time and when the light switch was turn on it was actually alot brighter then i thought so i ended mounting it below my fog light switch out of the way ill take pics when i get home and post the switch. btw be careful not to over tighten the nut on the bar when you mount it i ended up doing it the other night and cracked the bolt off. i also got another led project starting just waiting on the custom mounts to be made from socal supertruck

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

cool! I love the locations you chose. very discrete. almost cop-like. you gotta post some good nighttime photos so we can see cast & throw
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12