GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 99 Silverado Suspension question

since this is for a stock Z71 i didnt think this was fit for the lifted suspension thread. My question though is that I need to replace the shocks in my stock 99 Silverado. It is 4wd with the z71 factory suspension. I dont really need a true off road shock as it sees more hwy miles than anything else but i do take a few roads less traveled every now and then. any sugestions
    99 Silverado Ext Cab Z71 Third Door
    All stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Randomsoleil View Post
    since this is for a stock Z71 i didnt think this was fit for the lifted suspension thread. My question though is that I need to replace the shocks in my stock 99 Silverado. It is 4wd with the z71 factory suspension. I dont really need a true off road shock as it sees more hwy miles than anything else but i do take a few roads less traveled every now and then. any sugestions
    The Shock Most Often mentioned, here is this Site, is Bilstein....also some of the other shocks to look at are, Edelbrock, Monroe and Rancho to name a few.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

For a long time Bilsteins were factory shocks for GM trucks and SUVs, but they recently got a better deal with Rancho. From experience the Bilsteines will run you about 70+ per shock. others are cheaper, but some lack quality. Just make sure you get what you have researched and found to be best for you and read reviews those are very important.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Legend

my 2000 SIL 4X4 has the bilstiens . all my vehicles have the bilstiens. they have a good ride for normal on road use which is what I need. slightly more stiffness than the OEM shocks. purchased this vehicle from day one 5 miles .

you can get cheaper shocks but I doubt they will last as long as these.