GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default 100,000 Mile Maintenance?

Hello everyone! I just bought a new to me 2009 gmc sierra and I have about 74 k in it. I was wanting to know everyone's opinion or advice for 100k maintaince, thanks!

*****Thread Moved*****
    To The
    Maintenance Tech Section

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Hey thanks, nice to meet everybody, hoping to get some pics of my truck up

Quote Originally Posted by Localsun77 View Post
    Hello everyone! I just bought a new to me 2009 gmc sierra and I have about 74 k in it. I was wanting to know everyone's opinion or advice for 100k maintaince, thanks!
    Depending on What Maintenance has been done to the Truck at this point "74K miles".......when it hits 100K Miles, you could look at some the following,
    ......A Cleaning of the MAF Sensor.....using CRC's MAF Sensor Cleaner
    ......^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Throttle Body and Injector's
    .....A Flush of the.....Coolant, Brake, Steering and Diff. Fluids
    .....On the Transmission, Drop the Pan and Replace the Filter
    .....A New Set of Plugs-n-Wires and go with A/C Delco Iridium Tip Spark Plugs

.....Check All Belts-n-Hoses, and Replace if needed
    .....Check the Brake Pads, Replace if needed

Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 12-09-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Added Infor.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE

I agree with what @99'HEARTBEAT posted. You may also want to check out the shocks.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Master Mechanic

All the above and I would also look into changing the fuel filter
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    All the above and I would also look into changing the fuel filter
    I don't think that the fuel filters are changeable after 2004. My 05 has a filter in the tank

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Master Mechanic

that may be a problem
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I don't think that the fuel filters are changeable after 2004. My 05 has a filter in the tank

Correct.....
    starting in 2004" the Fuel Filter was moved to the Fuel Tank and is non-serviceable, with the exception of the Flex Fuel and the 4.3 V6. They were moved to the Tank in 2005" and now part of the Fuel Pump Assembly.

Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 03-08-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Added Infor.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE

Change your o2 sensors, most neglected sensors and they make the biggest impact on how your truck runs...