GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Blog Entries

Default D.B.Cooper legend

Anyone ever hear of D.B.Cooper?
    He has been a legend since 1971 when he jumped from a hijacked airplane flying from Seattle to Portland with $200k. He was never seen again but the legend lives on. A couple of weeks ago a guy driving a road grader unearthed a buried parachute that is now believed to be from the famous hijacker and it is being investigated by the FBI. It was about 7 miles from the store where I work in a town called Amboy. Here is a local newscast done in our parking lot and in fact my Wife's 2001 Red Suburban is in the background. Just yesterday I was trying to explain to my 11 year-old who D.B. was and show her his story on the internet and come to find out today she tells me that a freind of hers in her class is a girl that found the chute on her property that her Dad was building a road on.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

That's awesome. That red suburban needs a GMTC club decal.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

A few years back they though they found some of the money on the banks of one of your local rivers, they were never positive because the money was in such bad condition they couldnt match serial #'s, they only copied about 50 of the serial #'s from the bills they gave to D.B.

Yeah, but how often do you find $5,000 on the banks of a river in Southwest Washington state?

Legend

Didn't they have a comedy a couple years ago where they went searching for D.B Coopers treasure? What was it called ummmmm.....can't remember oh well.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

Quote Originally Posted by finalday7 View Post
    Didn't they have a comedy a couple years ago where they went searching for D.B Coopers treasure? What was it called ummmmm.....can't remember oh well.
    Up A Creek
    had Seth Green and two naked hairy girls living in a tree (there was more to it than that but thats the most I remember from it).

Legend

tbplus10 Quote:
    Originally Posted by finalday7

Up A Creek
    had Seth Green and two naked hairy girls living in a tree (there was more to it than that but thats the most I remember from it).
    Yeah that's the one. Haha the scence where their huddled in the cave. One of the funniest scenes I've ever seen.