GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default I have an accessory addiction - Which do you think looks better?

Hey guys - I have a horrible accessory addiction, but I love every minute of it.
    It will be a while before I make this happen (if I do at all), but wanted some opinions about these hoods.
    I've always sort of wanted to get a cool hood, and I think I found potentially what could end up on my truck. Which do you like better?

I like the top one. I was going to get that exact hood. I havent ordered it because I know it will sit around and I will never get a chance to get it in the paint booth!

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

You have to Ask???? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	175resize.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	50309Click image for larger version. 

Name:	091.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	50310
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I'm just so torn I really like them both. Enkei how have you not been in the ROTM race....? Did you make your ram air functional?

The ram air hood looks better on the NNBS trucks, IMHO.

A piece of advice: Avoid fiberglass; get a steel hood.

Surreal, do you know of any manufacturers that make steel hoods?
    I've looked at RKS and cervini and both were fiberglass. I was wondering about the fiberglass actually and was hoping someone would comment about it.

Enkei do you have any issues with yours? It looks awesome, love your ride. Yours too Surreal, but I think I've told you once or twice

Legend

The hood from Cervini's is open in the front to cool off the motor.. As in the 2 Co's that build Fiberglass hoods for the GM trucks Goodhood and Cervini's , Cervini's is much better of a fit and better built. As for Steel For the newer body style Goodmark and reflection are 2 Co's that make them but the Ram Air's are NOT open...

- - - Updated - - -

The steel hoods are going to disappear It costs Thousands to tool for a steel hood and the return on making them is getting too high The fiberglass can be tooled much cheaper so that is what you are going to see more of..

As for my hood No problems in 4 1/2 years..

Mine is fiberglass... have had it on for a year. Only issue was that one corner was slightly damaged from shipping... I had no problems repairing. I do not see any issues with the first fiberglass... they are lighter and weight for weight stronger than steel. You just want to be sure you prep them correctly before painting is all.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 2011laserblue View Post
    I'm just so torn I really like them both. Enkei how have you not been in the ROTM race....? Did you make your ram air functional?

I have.. And been asked to do it again BUT I got more Mods coming so it will have to wait.. Thanks...

Master Mechanic

I like the top one more only because I tend to see the bottom one on older model trucks. I think my dad had a hood like the bottom one on his 1988 S10. The top one, IMHO, gives the truck a little more attitude.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by