GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Theres nothing wrong with fiberglass. I am not sure how the Cervani hoods come, but if they are not primed you will need to use a polyester(high build) primer to fill in the little voids. If they already come ready to paint you or whoever paints it, may have to sand a little.

Most of your custom parts are going to be fiberglass. Norms Fiberglass is a prime example. http://www.normsfiberglass.com/

I get people who have Norm send me the parts directly to dip.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

maybe some day ill do a ram air hood like enkeis, or the top one on the previous page, i really like that look.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend
    Blog Entries

Mine is functional ram air, with the green air box I added. I also put the Volant scoop on the truck as well, It pulls air from under the truck and draws it up into the box. Only problem I had was water gets trapped in the hood, and when you open the hood it pours out onto the passenger side fender. I have since drilled more drain holes in the underside of the hood to prevent this, it is fiberglass and have had no problems with it cracking on my HD.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2691.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	50320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2692.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	50321Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2683.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	50322
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Thanks for the info guys! I think it would be really cool to make something like this functional, if I'm gonna drop 600 on something it would be nice to actually do something other than look nice. I think you all have shifted my opinion to liking the top more - so if I make this happen in the future (which eventually I'm about 80% sure that I will) I will be sure to post pictures

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    I like the top one more only because I tend to see the bottom one on older model trucks. I think my dad had a hood like the bottom one on his 1988 S10. The top one, IMHO, gives the truck a little more attitude.
    I second this...
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12