GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default new from maryville, tn.

I have a question, i want to buy a chip for my truck and im not exactly sure what to get. My truck is a 2000 GMC sierra 2500 sl 2wd. If anyone has any info. let me know. thank you

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. I don't know about chips but if you decide to get a programmer I could help...............

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

welcome to the club, if you are planing on doing other mods such as larger tires, and/or gears. Go with the programmer.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Welcome! 2000 model trucks don't take chips. The truck's computer uses flash memory that can be re-flashed with a new program. I strongly recommend getting a custom tune (by a tuner who does such work) in addition to a hand-held programmer, as this will make the adjustments specific to your truck and maximize the gains you will see.

You might send a private message to @06MonteSS on this forum. He does such work. He also bundles the DiabloSport InTune (a handheld programmer for your truck that allows you to also incorporate custom tunes) with tuning work he does ... for a price that's cheaper than if you were to buy them separately.

Welcome to the G M T C !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Welcome from across the state. Good luck with your mods. I don't deal much with the newer motors so I'm not much help there. But again, welcome to the site.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."