GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vibration @40 mph

Hello everyone,
    I have a 2004 GMC 2500 HD with a 6.0 liter, at 40mph it starts to vibrate, mainly felt in the seat. The vibration is pretty strong from 40 to 55mph, then it lightens up. I had the tire balanced and moved around from front to back,the engine and transmission mounts, u joints, ball joints and the engine at a cost of $500.
    All checks out good!
    The mechanic is know guessing, he is telling me that the bushing at the end of the transfer case is going bad? ( where the yoke and drive shaft connect.)
    Can anyone help before I go bankrupt....

Thanks...

Welcome to the club, enjoy the site.
    If you don't get an answer soon re post here:
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/for...#axzz24JuwCYym
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

When you rotated the tires did it seem to changed were the shaking coming from you may have to get your tires trued you may have an out of round or belt in the tire seperate

now that i'm thinking about it, this happened to me in my last GM car. I will try and look up the receipt but I know it had to do with some thing in the searing column. In my case it was but same thing you described.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Is the vibration in the front? Wheel hub? axle shaft?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Do you have factory or after-market wheels?
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

I'm at a bit of a loss, myself, on your issue but wanted to take a moment to welcome you to GMTC. Good luck getting the issue resolved!

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you with us.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

It might be your tie-rod ends that's one of the reasons my truck shakes like crazy on the highway. If you have play in the steering while driving a speed I'd check that out. Usually you can feel the front end shaking more than the rear.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Thanks for the respond, when we rotated the tires there was no change in the vibration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast