GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

There used to be a kid in a lowered Tacoma that would drive by our 4x4 truck meets wearing "TRD Off-Road 4x4" stickers on the bedsides of his truck, Pissed a lot of guys off.
    I met the kid one day at an auto parts store, the funniest part was his truck was a 4x4 that he'd lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    There used to be a kid in a lowered Tacoma that would drive by our 4x4 truck meets wearing "TRD Off-Road 4x4" stickers on the bedsides of his truck, Pissed a lot of guys off.
    I met the kid one day at an auto parts store, the funniest part was his truck was a 4x4 that he'd lowered.
    That is funny I still like the idea of the magnetic decals for 4x4 and Z71 on a 2wd that is lifted..... it would mess allot of the people up cause the only way to tell if it really is 4x4 is to get under the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    That is funny I still like the idea of the magnetic decals for 4x4 and Z71 on a 2wd that is lifted..... it would mess allot of the people up cause the only way to tell if it really is 4x4 is to get under the truck.
    lol, True. Everyone asks me if it is a 4x4. When I say no. They are so surprised.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyOwnerAllTheWay View Post
    I dont waste my money, so Im NOT talking Camo Rockstar rims.
    ^^^^There I fixed that for you!

Here is what a 2wd Silverado looks on 3.5" Rough Country lift on 265/70/17 (1st pic) but you can run 295/70/17, no rub (2nd & 3rd pic on stock rims)

2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

I like the 3.5" lift but I want bigger. Possible?

- - - Updated - - -

I showed the picture in the first post

check out rough country's website. They also have a 7.5"

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    check out rough country's website. They also have a 7.5"
    7.5 inches on a 2wd....

Yep! I just looked at it. They have a 2.5", 3.5", 4.75" combo body/suspension, 5", and a 7" for the 2008 and on 2wd GM trucks. If it were me I would go with the 7". You don't have to put 35's on it but can if you want to in the future. The only thing that concerns me is that it says it uses a 6.5" anti-wrap block for the rear. That is a huge block. Actually, that size block may be illegal in Michigan, I would have to check the law again, but I seem to remember the limit in block height being 4"

Go big the first time, because as soon you put 4" you'll be saying, damn I should have gone higher

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeSilver02 View Post
    Go big the first time, because as soon you put 4" you'll be saying, damn I should have gone higher
    Yep! Been there! Done That! Not cheap to switch out lift kits.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast