GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: For Grins

Lightbulb For Grins

Here's one to chomp on. 2005 ccsb Z-71 5.3, 4l60E, G80....Wondering about the difficulty level and/or possibility of a bolting in a newer 6L60E in place of the 4L? Thinking it would have to have the '11+tune for shift points, but will that work with the engine? What kind of wiring issues, t-case issues?
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Its been done but its not easy. You would need wiring PCM for the 6L60E since the PCM is faster. I think the 6L80E is a more durable trans for the truck. GM has never used the 6L60E in a truck only the 6L80E or 6L90E.

Also the tranny is longer so you will need a new drive shaft for the front and back.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door