GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Master Mechanic

Default beware of potholes

Just happened to be checking my facebook page in between classes, and came across this article in one of my friend's status's. So for all you way up north, you have been warned

http://montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?839849

Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Woops. Sounds like safer exit speeds and more attention to the road were in order...

Master Mechanic

indeed, but that is one hell of a pot hole. I wouldn't even like that in the truck, none the less a car

I avoid them at all costs because my shocks are nearing their death and when I hit one the truck takes the force instead of the shock causing the truck to jolt and veer from where I'm steering.

That one looks like hell and avoiding it would be impossible with out going off the road.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Sure, but I still lay that squarely on driver error. In his post he says he was doing 90 -- which is presumably km/h. That's loosely translated to 56mph. That pothole is huge ... meaning visible from a good ways out ... yet he exited at highway speed (instead of slowing to ramp speed) onto an exit ramp ... and didn't further slow down to avoid (or slowly traverse) a pothole the size of Rhode Island.

could be worse,

http://i.imgur.com/5zsk7.jpg

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I hit some phantom pot hole the other on my way out to run some errands. It was the hardest jar I have ever felt when hitting a pot hole. I stopped a few hundred yards down the road to make sure my tire/wheel were OK. It's been a couple of weeks and my tire still holds air and has no impact bubbles so I think it's all good. Odd thing was, when I was done with my errands, I drove back past the spot where the pot hole should have been and could not find anything out of the ordinary...
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Master Mechanic

I wouldn't go down that road with my truck, it's wet which means my truck would get dirty

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    I wouldn't go down that road with my truck, it's wet which means my truck would get dirty

yeah I feel ya there