GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default My new ride:And how do i find out what transmission it has?

On Sunday I bought this:

I live in Norway,things are expensive.I paid $20K in US Dollars for this ride.1998 model,6.5 Turbo 70K miles.

I want to order all the Filters from the States,as well as a Transmission filter and Turbo timer.

This is the VIN 3GNEK185XXG108537

I would like to know how to find the information that allows me to get the correct parts from the States first time.

Thankyou.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tupac.jpg  

Blog Entries

looks great....nice tires
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

$20,000 USD??? For that kind of money everything should be brand new on it. Im confused on that dollar amount for that year and milage. Nice vehicle dont get me wrong but here in the states you wouldnt be paying no more than $10k for that truck and thats even stretching it.

Anyways you should be able to find some codes possibly in the glove box that will indicate what the vehicle has for options. You then will need to look the codes up which I believe can be found on this forum.(I have seen posts about them from time to time.)

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

I understand your confusion regarding the purchase price.This is because the average wage here in Norway equals about $90K USD per year.

Also large cars attract more Tax when they are imported.For example a Chevrolet Heavy Duty pickup will run you about 200 Thousand Dollars brand new.

Here is a link to a website with many cars for sale.

http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/browse1

Mike there's tons of online dealers that will ship to you. You may want to google that as for the ppl here I'm not 100% sure but if you join a Chevy club of some kind I'm sure ull get tons a help in ppl going in themselves and shipping u the parts. I have plenty a friend in OZ, Jap, China, ETC but that because I knew them threw diecast collection then joined other car forums once they get to knw u. Ull learn there's a lot more ppl out there shilling a help u than u can imagine best a luck
    Nester

I bet he could buy and have it shipped but I bet there will be a tax that he will have to pay. Still probable save a couple of grand. I bet they (Country) has something like that covered so they don't loose to much money.
    Mike, welcome to the club
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -