GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2013 Chevy Tahoe Review :: Drive on 85 MPH Toll Road in Texas

I took a little trip to San Antonio recently and thought it would be fun to take the trip in a rental 2013 Chevy Tahoe. Why not, I've got the kid all on the 2nd row (or one in the back if they want), I took out one of the seats and left it back home in the garage so we have room for the two suitcases, but there is still plenty of room.

Driving south out of DFW was a breeze, but once we hit Austin we were about to hit rush hour traffic so we opted for SR130 ... that's the new toll road in the middle of the state with a long stretch of 85 MPH open road. Yup, it's legal to drive 85 in Texas ... at least on that road.

I found the road to be very smooth and even in a moderately-heavy 2013 Chevy Tahoe, I had no problems handling the vehicle at speeds closer to 100 then they were to 50. I'll share more when I get a little bit more time to write-up the trip details on how the Tahoe did and upload some photos as well.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...002957225.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	894581_10151480595794076_578271801_o.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	50380

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Master Mechanic

waaaaaa! (need a crying smiley charracter) I wish PA had something like that. I remember on the bus to Air Force field training at Maxwell AFB, I saw a speed limit for 75mph and I was so jealous!
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

yeah, it was pretty sweet. nice smooth road as well, no bumps or junk on the shoulders even.

Master Mechanic

There is such a thing as a smooth, clean roadway?? Definitely not Pennsylvania

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

YAHHHHH Baby!!!!!!! What??? No Video?????
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X