GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    msw007,

I'm sorry you are frustrated. Could you private message me your case number so I can look into your situation?

Evan, GM Customer Service
    I have PM you twice two days ago?
    I guess this is for par with GM.
    Why bother

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I am sorry to hear that you had such an issue. I was in the same boat with my wife's torrent. It was under warranty and they wanted me to pay to fix it. We sold it before things got worse. They did offer me an extended "component coverage letter" that would have covered everything for another year after I paid to find the original issue. I am surprised that they suggested a new engine before they did the piston and ring swap that they are doing to a few guys trucks on here. But, their trucks are still under warranty.
    Here is a thread with other members that have had the same issue: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...ement-Problems
    I would send a PM to Evan @GM Customer Service
    . Send him your vin, address, mileage, dealer and a quick rundown of the issue. You may get the same old line you have been getting, but who knows maybe he can help you out.
    So I sent him a PM two days ago and still no response?
    Why bother.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    msw007,

I'm sorry you are frustrated. Could you private message me your case number so I can look into your situation?

Evan, GM Customer Service
    Typical of GM.
    All talk no action.
    I've PM this person last week and no answer.

Well we have the new remanufactured motor installed.
    I spoke with the mechanic at the dealership and asked what exactly happened and if this was normal?
    He told me the rings on the piston were worn and caused the leak by which fouled the plug. The cylinder wall were scarred and the other cylinders were starting to look worn.
    He just shrugged his shoulders when I asked him if this was normal (that kind of says it all right there).
    I know Black Bear Performance offers a tune solution to turn the AFM off. I guess they started to offer this due to the rash of complaints and problems that have been associated with this.
    I have sent letters off to GM's upper management pleading my case. I'm not expecting much but it doesn't hurt to try.

Sr. Mechanic

The OP has copy and pasted the above posts word for word on various Internet Sites. I guess getting a new motor for 50% off isn't good enough. In any mass produced product you are going to have a failure rate. This same motor is in the Silverados/Sierra which GM sells about 40,000 a month of and covers for 100K miles.

Black Bear offering their services for whatever purposes is pure speculation on your part. As is stating the vast numbers of the motors manufactured the same time as yours will ultimately fail.

Get over your frustrations and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by CKNSLS View Post
    The OP has copy and pasted the above posts word for word on various Internet Sites. I guess getting a new motor for 50% off isn't good enough. In any mass produced product you are going to have a failure rate. This same motor is in the Silverados/Sierra which GM sells about 40,000 a month of and covers for 100K miles.
    Get over your frustrations and move on.
    I noticed that also

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by msw007 View Post
    Well we have the new remanufactured motor installed.
    I spoke with the mechanic at the dealership and asked what exactly happened and if this was normal?
    He told me the rings on the piston were worn and caused the leak by which fouled the plug. The cylinder wall were scarred and the other cylinders were starting to look worn.
    He just shrugged his shoulders when I asked him if this was normal (that kind of says it all right there).
    I know Black Bear Performance offers a tune solution to turn the AFM off. I guess they started to offer this due to the rash of complaints and problems that have been associated with this.
    I have sent letters off to GM's upper management pleading my case. I'm not expecting much but it doesn't hurt to try.
    So I received a phone call from GM Corporate (my letters got through). I have spoke with him several times and as of now GM is holding firm on the 50/50. They say because I accepted the deal there's nothing else they can do? I reminded him I accepted the deal because I had a useless car and it had to be fixed (holding a gun to my head).
    I told him right up front I'm not looking to get off without paying anything. I understand the car was out of warranty but the fact of the matter is the engine failed under 100K miles.
    He said there were a few more upper management people he could plead my case to. So I don't know if he's blowing smoke up my a** or he's being truthful. We'll see.

Sr. Mechanic

Well-it looks like you got what you expected.

- - - Updated - - -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12