I have a 99 Sub k1500. Assume a bad encoder motor sensor(submerged). Mechanic told me 327 code. I have an NP8 t-case. Current shift motor looks like a Cardone48-105 (numbers on the exterior match)
(1) Is the sensor on the outside behind that plastic cover? (2) Can I replace just the sensor? (3) What part number is just the sensor? Trying to avoid removing the drive shaft. Thanks
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	encodercardone48105.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	50396