GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default How about this for a 4yr olds birthday

My Granddaughter wanted a go-cart for her 4th birthday, so I bought her this

Her mom and dad were pissed at me (like I care) but the granddaughter was grinin from ear to ear.
    She took to drivin it like a champ, only 1 roll over and a few minor crashes, next weekend we learn how well it can jump.

Im jealous... a little much for a 4 year old but nice toy she can enjoy for a long time!!! is that one of those Honda Pilot things??
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Made by a company called Twisted Fabrications.
    I bought it used so I got a good price. This one tops out at 43mph with an adult (200lbs) on it, I clocked it with my motorcycle this afternoon.
    I'm working on a governer to keep the speed around 20-25mph, maybe when she's older we'll let her open it up.

Blog Entries

That rocks! I bet the kid's mom loved it to, right? At least its got a rollcage.

"I'm not mean... your just a sissy"

Jason
    CURRENT
    '04 silverado 1500 2wd 5.3 (47,000K) - baby
    '97 serria 4x4 2500 454 (121,000K) - beast
    '07 saturn vue V6 (17,000K) - wife's
    '93 ck3500 4x4 6.5 desiel (300+ adding every day)
    - best of all. I don't pay for it!!!

PREVIOUS
    '04 colarado Z71 3.5 (should have been yellow. complete lemon!)
    '91 serria 2500 2wd 454 (sold at 320,000) - tank

That looks really cool! Excellent gift for a young child
    My dad was looking at getting the Yamaha Rhino but it's undecided yet.

2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD EXT Cab
    4.3L V6 Vortec, K&N Drop-In, Flowmaster Super 44,
    3" Exhaust tip, 22" Boss #331 Rims, Clifford 50.5x Alarm,
    Escalade Gauges, DJM Leveling Kit, Billet grill, All JL Audio Speakers,
    300XD MTX amp, Two 10" Alpine SWE-1042 subs

-Check out my photo album!

Legend

I wish I had one of those when I was 4

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

Quote Originally Posted by finalday7 View Post
    I wish I had one of those when I was 4
    ditto....I'm 22 and I still don't have one. However, I've been thinking about getting one and a little trailer to put it on. There's a couple places around me that I could run it in, and I think I'd have a blast with it.

May I inquire as to how much you paid for it? I've been looking and everyone seems to want between 1K and 2K for one that can do 45mph or so....trying to find a good deal
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Sr. Engineer
    Blog Entries

There is a practical side to this... Just think how good she will be able to drive when she gets older.... I hope there is no cell phone holder in that......
    2009 Chevy Sliverado Std cab 5.3, 4 speed Auto 2wd, Trifecta Tuned
    1926 Model T Bucket powered by Chevy LS 5.3 TH350 and S-10 rear axle Build period Sept 7, 2010 to April 2011
    1979 Starcraft Islander 221 Great Lakes Fishing Boat
    SOLD: 2006 Chevy HHR The Deer Slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    May I inquire as to how much you paid for it? I've been looking and everyone seems to want between 1K and 2K for one that can do 45mph or so....trying to find a good deal
    I gave $800, it's a little over a year old but in like new condition. The kid I bought it from got it for Xmas in 2006 then got his drivers license 3 months later, the go cart sat in the garage after that it has 5.5hrs on the engine timer.
    I watched craigslist for a few months and passed on others in the same price range that were "used a little more".
    And no there's no cell phone holder in it, but ironically her dad who works for AT&T bought her a phone for her birthday. All I could do was shake my head.
    I think my daughters more jealous than mad, doesnt matter I bought it because she kept telling me I couldnt buy a Power Wheels electric cart for the kid. And I didnt buy her a Power Wheels, I bought her something much faster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I gave $800, it's a little over a year old but in like new condition. The kid I bought it from got it for Xmas in 2006 then got his drivers license 3 months later, the go cart sat in the garage after that it has 5.5hrs on the engine timer.
    I watched craigslist for a few months and passed on others in the same price range that were "used a little more".
    And no there's no cell phone holder in it, but ironically her dad who works for AT&T bought her a phone for her birthday. All I could do was shake my head.
    I think my daughters more jealous than mad, doesnt matter I bought it because she kept telling me I couldnt buy a Power Wheels electric cart for the kid. And I didnt buy her a Power Wheels, I bought her something much faster.
    You got anymore room in your family for another grandchild? You must be the coolest grandpa ever! What are you going to get her when see truns 16?

But I sure agree with getting kids into outdoor motorsports young. Makes then better drivers. In Newfoundland, where I am from, they just banned anyone under the age of 13 from even riding on an atv. Let alone drive one. There going to be a lot of hurt kids in a few years.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by