GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question any suggestions? V-8 Swap 98 jimmy

i have a 98 gmc jimmy sls 4x4 i am asking for advice on what V8s are compatible? (Engine mounts,trans,engine bay limits) if any are at all.
    Last edited by Pikey; 03-14-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Add to title for better results

Legend
    Blog Entries

94-97 lt1 are by far the most popular for second gen s10/blazer swaps. Ls engines are also compatible, but very expensive. There is a guy on YouTube that has a 454 in a 03 s10, he has to recess the firewall and remove the inner fenders. It's all how much money you want to invest, I have a complete lt1 swap at my house right now, that was for my 01 s10. I never did it because it wouldn't have been worth the investment.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I would find similar year 350 with the same injection system then go from there.It would be a direct swap all the sensors should be the same.
    While driving remember this rule of thumb,If another driver switches lanes infront of you cutting you off causing you to slam on the brakes to avoid a collision that they almost caused its your fault and you should be happy that they flip you the bird when you lay on the horn.

i think you'd need to go 100 custom because they never came with a V8.... especially if you want to pass emissions...
    if thats the case you should get yourself a complete fullsize truck that was rolled or something early in life, and just get EVERTTHING out of it. not only will you get everything you need in one stop, but your save THOUSANDS in time and parts =)
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....