GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default 2005 yukon xl fuel pressure regulator location

Does anyone have any idea where the FPR is located on a 2005 yukon xl 5.3L flex fuel? I have looked at a few sites that say it is incorporated into the fuel sending unit. Thanks

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    @99'HEARTBEAT?? Calling for your help on this one
    I'll Try Mike.....I'll get back to you.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

lol, thanks Mike! You always seem to come up with the answers about parts that no one else can

lol, thanks Mike! You always seem to come up with the answers about parts that no one else can

Sorry I took sometime in getting back to you Mike......I was looking for good photo of the Fuel Pressure Regulator.......On a 2003" 5.3 Liter Flex Fuel Engine......The Fuel Pressure Regulator, is on the upper Driver's Side portion of the Engine, directly below the Plastic Intake Manifold Shroud...it should be in the same location on your 2005" 5.3 liter.....

FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 06-06-2014 at 11:49 AM.

that was fast! Thanks mike. I will go look for it again. I had looked in that area and did not see it or a line that it would ever run to.

that was fast! Thanks mike. I will go look for it again. I had looked in that area and did not see it or a line that it would ever run to.
    Your Welcome Mike.....

Well, I checked again. Referred to my manual for my 02 silverado again also. I see the spot were it should be, but it is just a junction no regulator there. In 05 they also put the fuel filter in the tank for the first time on this truck. So, maybe they did the same with the regulator

Well, I checked again. Referred to my manual for my 02 silverado again also. I see the spot were it should be, but it is just a junction no regulator there. In 05 they also put the fuel filter in the tank for the first time on this truck. So, maybe they did the same with the regulator
    Mike....Interesting???.....the photo of the Reg. from Rock Auto....it's for a 2005" GMC Yukon XL 1500, with a 5.3 liter.

Also from Rock Auto, Regarding the Fuel Pressure Reg.....It expresses the following:....Please check notes in each part listing to ensure the Fuel Injection Pressure Regulator is correct for your 2005 GMC YUKON XL 1500 with a 5.3L engine. Special restrictions like "California only" or "with sport package" may indicate a Fuel Injection Pressure Regulator fits only certain 2005 GMC YUKON XL 1500 models.

Edit.....Mike, I'm going to do some research on this, and I'll get back to you.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 06-06-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Added Infor.

according to the manual I have it should be right here,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0748.jpg 
Views:	983 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	50702

As you can see, it is not, That is why I originally posted the question.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by