GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Picked up this gem last week!

Hey guys, just wanted to share my newest addition to the family! Most likely rescued this truck from destruction by some high school kiddo...

He's a 2004 2400HD 2 wheel drive LB7, about 255k on the clock and running pretty strong! We only had one little hiccup in performance so far (aside from the COMPLETELY clogged K&N filter suffocating it when I bought it) but will have that in another thread! Will get more pictures as I get it cleaned up, but the interior is about a 8/10, exterior is about a 7/10 (trailer incident haha)

Say hello to AJ! (fiance named him haha)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140527_141719.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	59395
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140527_141743.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	59396

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

2. Likes squatchy liked this post

Well done! Looks like a decent truck, and you got a good price. I have had two of the LB7, and they both had on-going injector problems. Other than that, they were great trucks. The Allison is a monster tranny!!
    Las Vegas, NV...2001 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Stepside X-cab, 171,000 miles, 5.3, cat-back duals, leveling kit, 3.73, 17" rims, more to come...

4. Likes 08_rado_rocker liked this post

@buckmeister2 Thank you! I have to agree we got a pretty good deal on him, it's not very often that you are in the green coming into a deal haha!

The hiccup we had already was pertaining to injectors, so already setting money aside for lift-pump and injector upgrade. Diesel mechanic buddy of mine listened to his heartbeat and told me i should probably go ahead and open it up and check for valve-lash cause he sounded a little more noisy than usual, but gave him a mostly clean bill of health! So far we love it!