GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will these rims and tires be good ?

Whats up ... Im confused on how the whole tire size thing works even when I do read the charts lol ... I don't know what all the numbers mean and stuff lol ... So I'm just looking on eBay and other sites to just see what's selling .. I was wondering if these tires and rims will be fine ... I have a 2010 silverado crew cab .. Will be leveled with ready lift t6 leveling kit .. Thanks

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...387&cmd=VIDESC
    Chevy Silverado 10' - C.C / Pioneer DVD Head Unit / 2 12' Memphis Subs / Rhino Lined / Running Boards / Corsa Sport Exhaust / Volant CAI / Spyder Black Halo Projector Headlights & Tailights / Led Interior Dome Lights/ 20 % Tint on every window except back (Limo Tint) /

I just posted those wheels on my truck a week ago (should be a few down on the main wheel/tire listing). My wheels are the 20" hoss in the +30 offset like you linked. I bought terra grapplers in the 275 55 flavor and was told that with the +30 offset and a level lift, I could do 295s and possibly 305s (may rub). It is hard to know exactly because different trucks sit differently and you wouldn't know for sure until you test fit. With that ready lift, youll probably be fine with a 305, but thats just based on what I've ssen other people trucks and my own truck.

The only problem with that particular listing is that the bolt pattern isn't correct for a chevy/gmc.
    2011 Silverado 1500 TX Edition 5.3L V8

Ggg'z who would of thought putting rims on a truck would be so difficult .. I'm bout to just go to a rim shop an just have them do everything but they will rape me with price ... But thanks for the feedback
    Chevy Silverado 10' - C.C / Pioneer DVD Head Unit / 2 12' Memphis Subs / Rhino Lined / Running Boards / Corsa Sport Exhaust / Volant CAI / Spyder Black Halo Projector Headlights & Tailights / Led Interior Dome Lights/ 20 % Tint on every window except back (Limo Tint) /

yeah bolt pattern is wrong. Wheels and tires are expensive but check feedback on tire places. I have used discount tire/americas tire for years (even then I have ones that I like better than others)
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Hey Stevessilver10 Call me...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend
    Blog Entries

A 305 series is a 35" tall tire, you guys are fitting 35's with a leveling kit?? Wow that's news to me, I have been out of the game for too long.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I didnt believe it either until the manager at the wheel shop I bought my wheels from showed me a 2012 level lifted truck with 305s. He said it rubbed but he just cut a 4"x3" hole in the well and hes had no issues since. didnt get the width of the tire but looked average for that size.

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    A 305 series is a 35" tall tire
    Umm, I hate to disagree, but I must because that's a very broad statement which, when applied to all 305's ... isn't accurate. A 305/75R17 is, indeed, exactly 35" tall, but:

• A 305/70R16 is only 32.8" tall
    • A 305/70R17 is only 33.8" tall
    • A 305/65R18 is only 33.6" tall
    • A 305/70R18 is 34.8" tall (often rounded to 35", but technically, it's not)

You get the idea -- 305 is a width ... which has to be used in conjunction with wheel size and tire profile to compute height. Here's a useful tool: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 03-15-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Man, that tire size graphic you linked to is great.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Very nice chart....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast