GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Help!!!obd codes... Anyone out there know what these codes mean...

I have 2 diagnostic codes on my 06 chevy silverado 2500hd diesel 6.6l 4x4 lt3 crew cab............1st code is p0672....2nd code is p0650....please help tnx...
    06 chevy silverado 4x4 duramax 6.6L 2500HD LT-Diesel

P0672 is a code for #2 glow plug (driverside front)
    P0650 is Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Control Circuit, LoL. I find it funny and ironic that there is a check engine code for a check engine light. I have little info on this one. It could be that your Service engine light bulb is burned out and not functioning properly. I have heard that sometimes the pins on the plug that goes into the instrument cluster get loose. You can try to take a pick and bend them out so they make better contact. I have only heard of this being a cause and solution to that code, I have never seen the issue myself.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

thanx...yea the glow plug seems like an easy fix...its just that other code with the check engine light that concerns me...ive been looking online and there are a lot of questions on this code but no clear explination or solutions....thanx again for ur help...keep me posted if u find anything else on that code plz....i will try to do what u said and see if it fixes this

When you first turn the key forward it does a "bulb check" all the bulbs on your instrument cluster should light up. Does your engine light turn on during that? If you are handy with a soldering iron it should not be to hard to change out one bulb. They are like .20 cents each on ebay.

yes it checks everything then the engine light stays on...some one told me if ive put in any after market prts...but i havnt added anything to it

- - - Updated - - -

even with that check engine light on the truck runs great...its not affecting any performance on the truck....must be a minor glitch or a fuse...but then again im not a mechanic and its my first diesel truck..lol...dont have a clue just guessing

thanx for the help Pikey...fixed my truck now its running good..no check engine lights ...no codes...=)

What was the fix to your P0650 code?

Thanks
    Jesse