GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default wheel stud replace

ok I got a flat and put on the spare then got the new tire fixed and swapped them again. no one told me that i had re torq since there aluminum.... needless to say it broke off a stud and F'ed my wheel.

what all do i need to do to replace the studs? The dealer said i could do it with out taking to rotor off maybe?

lmk guys i am a weekend warrior had have decent skills, i have done the front brakes on my 96 3/4 ton and some tools. lmk what i need i will lose 2 days of work

what size wheel studs do i need? guess there r 2

thanks!

2006 z71 4x4 1/2 ton
    Last edited by nabisco_12; 03-15-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    2004 Chevy Silverado z71, second owner

1994 Pontiac Trans Am GT, yellow, Hard top (yup its a GT):glasses:

I have never done the front studs... but the rear ones are easily replaced with a punch and hammer. Also, when ever you pull an aluminum or any rim it is a good idea to check the torques after 50 miles. I learned this the hard way when I was young... had all the lug nuts fall off one tire.... luckily the tire stayed on till I pulled in the driveway.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.