GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Dealer Engine Replacement/Warranty Work

Okay,

The warranty company has agreed to repair and replace the engine in my truck. Now the dealer wanted to charge me $1,200.00 to replace motor mounts. Then they offered me a deal to do it for $680.00. The I went up to the dealer to speak to the service manager and asked why I was having to pay for labor on parts that are part of assembly of the engine. He agreed and said it must have been an error in communication. So, I agreed to pay for the mounts. Now they tell me that there is some debris from the piston in the intake and I need to replace the intake manifold.

This is what the service advisor wrote me:

Good Morning Jesus,

From Saturday my technician tells me that there are metal piston pieces from “ piston top” inside intake. The intake needs to be replaced and it is $238.37

That's crazy, you should be able to clean the intake without having to replacing it for some debris right?

Warranties are RIPOFFS!!!! They find any way they can to not cover "covered" parts. I would have said the intake is part of the engine. If the warranty company agreed to replace the engine then any and all parts that are damaged from the engine malfunction should be covered also end of story!!! I would be furious if they want to charge you for this or that. Why would engine mounts need to be replaced??? If they are bad or worn out thats one thing but to tell you that kind of money to replace engine mounts????? It sounds to me they think you were born yesterday.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper