GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Line-x vs rhino liner

which is better
    My Truck
    2006 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab.

Legend

As far as I know their virtually the same thing but I think Line-x is a little more rubbery to support loads. I'm not a 100% because I went with bed rug.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

ive heard good about both... my friend has rhino in his dodge and its really nice but I dont have experience with Line-x so im goin with what I heard
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

I saw a test done a few years ago between the two and a pallet with 1500lbs was pulled from pickup truck beds and the Linex did fine but the Rhino got torn up in a couple of places.
    2008 Silverado_ Gone
    2006 HHR LT
    2008 Cobalt LT
    2001 Sonoma Gone
    2009 Cobalt XFE

Legend

RatRod I saw a test done a few years ago between the two and a pallet with 1500lbs was pulled from pickup truck beds and the Linex did fine but the Rhino got torn up in a couple of places.
    Well that's good to know. I wonder if both were sprayed to the same thickness as it varies for every application.

Ive had both Rhino in my old truck and Line-X in my current truck. NEVER again will I waste my money on Rhino lining it's line-X from now on. Has held up much better.

Quote Originally Posted by bostic8 View Post
    Ive had both Rhino in my old truck and Line-X in my current truck. NEVER again will I waste my money on Rhino lining it's line-X from now on. Has held up much better.
    same here have used both and line-X is the way to go

i would also say line-x

Andrew
    2006 gmc sierra, 4.8l, gibson headers, flowmasters exhaust, hypertech power programmer,4.10 gears, 3 inch rough country suspension lift w/ 285/70/17 cooper disoverer stt's, tinted windows, westin grill gaurd, herculiner bedliner, black fender flares, HID headlights,black painted front bumper

Default Get a drop in liner!

I looked into both the spray-in and drop in liners. I've also had both on previous trucks. I opted for the drop-in liner in my '08 Silverado long bed. You can find info online about what they do to prep the bed for the spray-in. They sand the hell out of it to bare metal. The drop in is good because after you beat the hell out of it you can throw it away! You still have the option of a new looking bed or get a new one. For $185.00 I opted the drop-in with skid resistant coating and it was even installed for that price.

Hope this helps you guys!
    Current truck-
    2008 Silverado LT1 XCAB LONG BED Z71 4x4
    Previous-
    2002 Silverado LS XCAB LONG BED Z71 4x4
    1998 Sierra XCAB LONG BED 4x4
    1998 Silverado REG CAB 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by MDM081500Z71 View Post
    I looked into both the spray-in and drop in liners. I've also had both on previous trucks. I opted for the drop-in liner in my '08 Silverado long bed. You can find info online about what they do to prep the bed for the spray-in. They sand the hell out of it to bare metal. The drop in is good because after you beat the hell out of it you can throw it away! You still have the option of a new looking bed or get a new one. For $185.00 I opted the drop-in with skid resistant coating and it was even installed for that price.

Hope this helps you guys!
    Any shop sanding the paint to bare metal to apply either liner is doing it incorrectly. As per both manufacturers the original top coat should be left intact, scuff sanded, then cleaned with a tack rag and quality paint prep. The original paint coating provides a barrier coat for the liner to adhere to and is considered the primer coat to protect against corrosion that could otherwise form under the new liner medium.
    Drop in liners are fine but for best protection they need to be removed about once a year to wax and re-protect any bare metal spots caused by fluttering or sliding of the liner. This too is in the fine print on literature provided by some drop in liner manufacturers.
    I've had both types of liners, they both wear about the same and both require maintenance to remain effective. It simply comes down to how much money you want to spend.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by