GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Mufflers?

Default Mufflers?

I have 2.5 inch pipeing true dual with no mufflers it really loud and snappy . Im kind of getting sick of it. What brand of mufflers could i buy that would make my exhaust deap tone but still be loud? and not be to expensive. keepi in mind i want to to be loud but a different loud than it is now I want it deep throaty. any sugestions??
    2000 Silverado, 3" body lift with 2" rear block in rear and torsion bars cranked up front. Westin bull bar, 35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ. 2 3/4 true duals no mufflers to 4" stainless tips at 65 degree angle, smoked tailights, led lightbar, black halo headlights.

Flowmaster
    Or Borla. My Flowmaster Super 44 was $70 dollars, and I installed it myself for free.

2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD EXT Cab
    4.3L V6 Vortec, K&N Drop-In, Flowmaster Super 44,
    3" Exhaust tip, 22" Boss #331 Rims, Clifford 50.5x Alarm,
    Escalade Gauges, DJM Leveling Kit, Billet grill, All JL Audio Speakers,
    300XD MTX amp, Two 10" Alpine SWE-1042 subs

-Check out my photo album!

another thing i was thinking about was since mine are true dual should i buy a muffler for each pipe or one with dual inlets. which would be louder? cause i know true duals are louder.

Legend

True duals, 2 mufflers will be louder. If you like it to be loud sometimes but not always, I'd suggest single flowmaster 40 series with a manual cut-out. With the cut-out you'll be able to bypass the muffler if you so fit by undoing 3 screws that takes 15 secs. I had this setup on my last truck and loved it. best part is the muffler is like 65 dollars and the cut-out is I think 30. It's best to have it all welded up by a shop so I'd say out the door with maybe $150.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

Cherry bombs or magna flow and bassani Borla and corsa are also better but expensive. You can chck ebay and might find something cheap there. Sorry not a fan of flow masters. I dont want my chevy to sound like a ford .

Legend

black jack Cherry bombs or magna flow and bassani Borla and corsa are also better but expensive. You can chck ebay and might find something cheap there. Sorry not a fan of flow masters. I dont want my chevy to sound like a ford .
    I'd love for my GM to sound like a Mustang. ( Please don't hate me but they sound amazing with the right set-up)

Quote Originally Posted by finalday7 View Post
    I'd love for my GM to sound like a Mustang. ( Please don't hate me but they sound amazing with the right set-up)
    Those Mustangs sound nice my neighbor has the 08 and it just sounds nice and sweet when he gives it a little gas. I would also love to have the hoe sound so sweet
    04 Tahoe LT 5.3L stock MSD 8.5mm Wires
    Gigbson Duels Straight Exhaust, Parrot 3100 Bluetooth
    K&N 77 Series CAI, Sirius Radio
    De-badged, Valet Dei remote start
    5000k HID -Higherlevelauto.com
    Federal 100watt air horn

I think im going to do dual super 44's with dual cut outs before the mufflers! then i get the best of both worlds. I also found 3 1/2 turndowns that you can put on the cut-outs

one question do the turn downs mess up the flow at all since they have that extra pipe coming down?

Legend

I don't think they would mess up the flow since they would be attached to the cut-out and only come into play when the cut-out's are open. I'm just wondering if your going to have a problem with backpressure or leaking with all the tubing and routing going on?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by