GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

worst thing ive done on a gm was a fuel filter on my old saturn. 3 hours of swearing later i had it replaced. non gm stuff? old farm equipment! 30 year old rusted parts that you cant torch or break because good luck finding new parts (or new old parts)

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Any thing under the hood of any dorf pickup made in the last 20+ years. Farm equipment was mentioned, don't mind most of that but there's one exception - working on any combine - will raise your blood presure for sure. The word "frustration" just doesn't cover that. Any tool, part or whatever dropped while working on one will drop deep into the bowels of the monster and must be retrieved at great expense of time and labor or else it will "foul" some other critical and expensive part. Of course this only happens during wheat harvest when the temp. is at or near 100.
    One who knows

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post

I have small hands, which helped me on this job, and I cursed a lot.
    I believe about everyone has sworn while making repairs to a vehicle. I know I have. LOL. Least you got it done. It's a good feeling of accomplishment when you finally finish something that is a struggle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grampy View Post
    The word "frustration" just doesn't cover that. Any tool, part or whatever dropped while working on one will drop deep into the bowels of the monster and must be retrieved at great expense of time and labor or else it will "foul" some other critical and expensive part. Of course this only happens during wheat harvest when the temp. is at or near 100.
    One who knows
    I can only imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    But tried for a couple hours just to get the solenoid to release from the clip on the tank. Gave up and left it overnight, came out next morning and 10 minutes later it was out. yes the plugs on those cars are rediculously stupid to get by the firewall.
    Aggravating how repairs are like that! Struggle with it and then put it down and go back to it later and get the first try. However, I personally find it frustrating when someone else walks up and does what you have been trying to do for the past lengthy amount of time on their first attempt. Grr...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    Agreed on the 4th gen f-body's, anytime we do anything like that on my firebird we just lift the body of the car up and drop the cradle. 6 bolts and bam on the floor, done it several times. I would never attempt a tune up with the engine in the car, you guys are brave!!
    But I don't believe a mechanic on flat rate pay would have time to do that... Then again I don't know the time paid for the job. However, just figured I'd bring that up. Least you can get to the engine easier doing that...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12