GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Question Transmission Cooler Upgrade

What have you guys installed for aftermarket HD transmission coolers in your 1500 Sierra, mine is a 2007 with a 4.8L regular cab 2 door and 8 foot box. To my Canadain friends has anyone used the biggest cooler Canadain Tire sells for their truck a friend recommended me one.
    * My post are intended for entertainment purposes only and should not be taken serious unless I'm posting in the Buy/Sell section of this board and all opinions are that of mine ONLY.

Look into the Tru Cool 40k transmission cooler. I put one on my truck last year. Easy install and I believe it helped to keep my tranny temp in check last year when I took the truck to the beach.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    Look into the Tru Cool 40k transmission cooler.
    This is on mine, too. EAD Performance makes a mounting kit for it. The last time I checked it wasn't a part listed on their website, but contact them and ask about it, if interested, as it makes the installation a snap.

Quick update, so I bought a trans cooler at Canadian Tire the biggest they sell which is from Mr Transmission, installed it on it's own bracket in front of the rad. Happy to see the transmission running 20 degrees cooler.
    * My post are intended for entertainment purposes only and should not be taken serious unless I'm posting in the Buy/Sell section of this board and all opinions are that of mine ONLY.