GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default All shined up...

Well, I was bored yesterday and decided to wash and wax my ride. I got some Meguiar's cleaner wax, and I fired up my 6" random orbit buffer. I used to use turtle wax, but I will only use meguiar's products from now on. I also took these pics in my front yard, I was trying to get creative with the photos instead of just taking them in my driveway all the time. This is also my entry for May ride of the month. Let me know what you think.

Jack

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic.
    1993 Dodge Stealth 3.0L V6 - SOLD
    Live to ride, Ride to live.
    It is what it is, -N- STUFF!!!

One more, Here's a nice side profile

Legend

lookin good. I just spent 2 1/2 hours yesterday cleaning mine and it rained all last night and all day today. .. combine that with muddy job sites = worse then before.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

If your truck was ugly, I think you would be banned from posting pictures because you do it so often
    I like your exhaust tip, I would have to say it looks better than mine! Do you have a full after market exhaust, or just the tip replaced? By the way, you should submit those photo's as 'Truck of the Month' sometime.

2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD EXT Cab
    4.3L V6 Vortec, K&N Drop-In, Flowmaster Super 44,
    3" Exhaust tip, 22" Boss #331 Rims, Clifford 50.5x Alarm,
    Escalade Gauges, DJM Leveling Kit, Billet grill, All JL Audio Speakers,
    300XD MTX amp, Two 10" Alpine SWE-1042 subs

-Check out my photo album!

Quote Originally Posted by no0b123 View Post
    If your truck was ugly, I think you would be banned from posting pictures because you do it so often
    I like your exhaust tip, I would have to say it looks better than mine! Do you have a full after market exhaust, or just the tip replaced? By the way, you should submit those photo's as 'Truck of the Month' sometime.
    ROFLMAO!! I'm glad it's not ugly... LOL!!!

Thanks for the comment. The whole exhaust system is stock, except I have a Flowmaster 40 Delta muffler and the 3" echo tip. I had the stock muffler chopped off and the flowmaster put in it's place, and the tip is welded to the pipe, they cut the stock tailpipe in the last bend and welded on the new tip. I didn't see any reason to change the stock pipe, it's 2.5" stainless steel, and the stock cats are just about as good as anything after market that I can get for it. I do plan on getting some long tube headers and possibly a turbo as soon as it's paid off. I am going to add a cold air intake too soon.

I want these pictures to be considered for the truck of the month thing, but with so many nice rides on here, I don't stand a chance!!! LOL

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by finalday7 View Post
    lookin good. I just spent 2 1/2 hours yesterday cleaning mine and it rained all last night and all day today. .. combine that with muddy job sites = worse then before.
    Thanks. I know what ya mean about the rain... I have been planning on waxing my truck for a month now and this is the first chance I've had!!! It seems like it ALWAYS rains on my days off...

Jack.

lookin good I love the tail lights ........... I will look in to them soon........ spent wat toooooooooo much $$$$$$ the last week or so

SuperCharged 2006 Silverado SS 2WD

For My Mod List go to my Profile then to MY GARAGE :great:
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/album.php?albumid=6

I hate it..... it always seem that the day after you wax it rains or something... pisses me off
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

We have the same engine correct? 4.3L V6? I didn't know the stock exhaust pipe was 2.5"
    I did the same as you with my exhaust so far (replace muffler, add chrome tip) but I could not find any cheap headers for my V6. And you say you want to turbo it huh? That would be sweeeet

Quote Originally Posted by no0b123 View Post
    We have the same engine correct? 4.3L V6? I didn't know the stock exhaust pipe was 2.5"
    I did the same as you with my exhaust so far (replace muffler, add chrome tip) but I could not find any cheap headers for my V6. And you say you want to turbo it huh? That would be sweeeet
    Yep, Mine is also the little 4.3L V6. The guy at the local muffler shop measured the pipe, it's 2.5" all the way back. It would be near impossible to find cheap headers for our engines, I plan on changing mine like I said, BUT it will be a while before I can cough up the cash. Yes, I am going to turbo it, but that will be like 5 more years from now, when it's paid off and I can afford a loan to have it done. I'm guessing that when it's all done, it should be making around 300 HP at the wheels. I'm not trying to turn it into a race truck, I just want a bit more power to "play" with.

Jack.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by