GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Jr. Apprentice

Default 2001" Silverado......Weird Noise

I got a 2001 chevy silverado 1500 5.3lt and I just recently got my truck lifted and its making this weird noise when I go over 20mph it sounds like a grind and a rattle and I took it back to the place I got my lift put on and they said they have no idea what it is. If you know anything please share with me I have no idea

*****Thread Moved*****
    To The
    General Chevy/G.M. Tech

In This Section it will net you a Higher Count of Replies

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Can you tell what area the noise is coming from? Front? Back? Middle? A "noise" is a pretty broad description and can make diagnosis pretty hard. Can you get video of the noise and post it?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Jr. Apprentice

It sounds like it is coming from the left front driver side and yes I can try to get one today

Quote Originally Posted by GiddieUp View Post
    It sounds like it is coming from the left front driver side and yes I can try to get one today
    From what you've mentioned, I going to take a guess, and say that the Grinding/Rattle Noise, maybe coming from the Front Wheel Hub Bearings???.....its a common Problem on the 1999" to 2006" NBS Trucks.

yea, get us a vid of it. That may help narrow it down, it could be anything at this point. U-joint, front diff, front wheel bearing, front CV axle, transfer case. I find it odd that the place that did the lift can not figure out what it is.

Jr. Apprentice

I find it weird to but when I'm driving down the road with the windows up it sounds like it is coming from the wheel well but when yhe windows are down it sounds like its right below driver. And when I get off work ill shoot a video

Quote Originally Posted by GiddieUp View Post
    I find it weird to but when I'm driving down the road with the windows up it sounds like it is coming from the wheel well but when yhe windows are down it sounds like its right below driver. And when I get off work ill shoot a video

I know its after the fact, but When you went back to the Shop, that did the Work"the Lift"....did you take them on a drive, so that they could hear grinding/rattle Noise??

Sounds like a t-case or ujoint noise to me. We can tell better when you post a vid

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Sounds like a t-case or ujoint noise to me. We can tell better when you post a vid
    I agree 100% with what Pikey has mentioned......having a Video will really help us, to help you.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by