GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Been Too Long.

Default Been Too Long.

It's been a long times since I've posted or even got on here, looking to get back into it. So I'll start of with sharing a quick story. It was back in mid Feb. when me and two buddys where in south Ga at my hunting land tearing up some dirt roads with my new Nitto tires. Well long story short we probably shouldn't of been driving around that night & I pushed my luck to far and when I hit this small puddle my truck slipped of into the ditch sinking it up to the black plastic trim on the door. We can't open the doors now cause where leaning up against the bank. It's 1 A.M. & we have no one to come pull us out. Let's just saw my truck saw some red lines that night and will not be hitting any small mud puddles on the side of the road. Still a month later I still I'm getting mud out of places you can't even think of mud being.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130217_102748.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	50687Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1459.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	50688Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-16 20.24.53.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	50689Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1110.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	50685Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130316_155731.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	50686

- - - Updated - - -

The airintake photo was at least 3weeks after the truck was sunk.
    02 Silverado 2500hd|496ci bigblock|Botch fuel pump replacement|True dual Magnaflows|UV-10 Jensen head unit|All four speaker Kickers|Kicker tweeters|10in Kicker sub|250watt Kicker Amp|Volant Cold Airintake|PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer|33in Nitto Trail Grapplers|8000k Hid Halo Lights

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Ouch!!! Hows it running? I had Mud impacted in my Bell Housing and Alt in my 88 S-10 Blazer many years ago.. Not fun.. Blew my rear 6 months later...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Woops!

Well today I found out my upper left ball joint(if I remember correctly) is bad. So can't properly aline tires till I fix that. By the way how easy is it to do that? Is it something I can do out of my home garage? Other than that it's running fine. I've pressure washed the crap out of it and got up under it with a screw driver and broke up a lot of dirt clots. Anything else ya'll think I should do to help with this mud run in?
    02 Silverado 2500hd|496ci bigblock|Botch fuel pump replacement|True dual Magnaflows|UV-10 Jensen head unit|All four speaker Kickers|Kicker tweeters|10in Kicker sub|250watt Kicker Amp|Volant Cold Airintake|PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer|33in Nitto Trail Grapplers|8000k Hid Halo Lights

Master Mechanic

Glad to hear everybody was alright. I'd take it to a carwash with a flexible wand and wash the undercarriage down really well. Also I'd check in your air intake tube to see if any dirty water got sucked back.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .