GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default I think I made the right grille choice

    As some of you may be aware, I was contemplating going back to the black mesh grille. Having the different grille on for 2 weeks now I can say that I think I made the right decision - what do you think?



    VS



    I feel the black looks much better because It really ties everything together. Looks like it sits higher w/o the running boards as well.

    This year




    Last Year



  2. #2

    Default

    Much better, I've thought of doing the same to mine.

    Love the painted bow-tie; did you paint an aftermarket? What did you do for the rear.

    The trailer mirrors are a BIG improvement. Are they power, did you replace the door switch?
    Ray

    '09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    Much better, I've thought of doing the same to mine.

    Love the painted bow-tie; did you paint an aftermarket? What did you do for the rear.

    The trailer mirrors are a BIG improvement. Are they power, did you replace the door switch?
    No sir, that is the factory gold bowtie, and I did the rear as well. Yes I LOVE the trailer mirrors. They are power and I did not have to replace the door switch..everything worked the same, all plug and play. It has the signals in the side too, which my old mirrors didn't have!

    I plan on painting the outsides of the tailgate latch as well, that way there will only be that slim piece of chrome.


  4. #4

    Default

    I think both grilles look good, Im kinda a fan of the chrome myself but on your truck that black does look equally good. However im interested in where you got the mirrors from. It sounds like im in the same boat you were. I have a 2010 power mirrors but no blinker and want to buy the trailer mirrors with the blinker. Mine are also heated and I want to keep that option too. Were they hard to swap out?

  5. #5
    Master Mechanic
    KyleZ71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    York and Wilkes Barre, PA
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Defiantly like the black grille. My father's tahoe had the running boards removed when he purchased it; looks like it sits much higher than it does.
    Objects in mirror are losing

    2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oxendale View Post
    I think both grilles look good, Im kinda a fan of the chrome myself but on your truck that black does look equally good. However im interested in where you got the mirrors from. It sounds like im in the same boat you were. I have a 2010 power mirrors but no blinker and want to buy the trailer mirrors with the blinker. Mine are also heated and I want to keep that option too. Were they hard to swap out?
    I got the mirrors directly from the dealer's parts dept. I did have to sacrifice a pretty penny - but I really wanted them and figured it would be best to get "real" mirrors, not cheezy aftermarket ones. They were very easy to put on, like I said, all plug and play. I do not have the heated function - so I'm not sure how that will work..

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    Defiantly like the black grille. My father's tahoe had the running boards removed when he purchased it; looks like it sits much higher than it does.
    Thanks! I really like the black a lot better. It is amazing how much taller vehicles look when the running boards aren't there! I was thinking about adding some n-fabs but now I'm not sure I even want to do that...I love how my truck is looking right now!

Similar Threads

  1. Is the NNBS Denali grille made of plastic??
    By AnimalYates in forum Chevy Truck Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2012, 07:17 PM
  2. American Made Index- How much of your truck is American Made??
    By the phantom in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 12:01 AM
  3. U.S. Army Custom Grille Emblem Design/ Idea i'm thinking about gettin made!
    By Rockstarrchevy81 in forum Chevy Truck Accessories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 10:23 AM
  4. i have made my suspension choice...
    By AJ's Sierra in forum Lifted & Offroad Suspension
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 01:18 AM
  5. Rim choice
    By adampaul1964 in forum Photo & Video Gallery
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 11:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •