GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 38" to 52" tires 2001 Suburban

well as i posted earlier on this forum i was lifting my 2001 suburban with the cst 11" kit...after i had it installed and everything i have decided to convert to leaf springs with a total of 20+ inches of lift and run the Michelin 52" military tires...they are 16.00x20 so i be converting to a different rear end, maybe a 8 lug or 10 lug rear and run the KMC Rockstars 20x10...hopefully all this will be done within the next 3 months and running by the summer time...and def. have pics up for everyone...

-dave

are you gunna run XL's, XML's, XZL's or what? That sounds crazy by the way I cant wait to see some pictures.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

I'm not going to question the usefulness of 52" inch tires, because if I had the ability to, I'd probably do the same thing...that's gonna look very interesting anyways....
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Legend

Even with 20" of lift are you going to be able to run 52" tires without serious modification to the wheel wells and all the parts around. What about your driveshaft, custom? Can your tranny turn those 52's. Can you give a little more info on what you have planned?

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

yea what axles were you planning on using? solid axle swap for sure up front? gears?
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

i'm still doing research and talking to people, but i'd like to have 24" of lift total...i can get 16" springs with no problem from a shop out in cali, so some blocks, and body lift i should be good...one shop said 20" would give me enough room with 5 inches of clearance and i may end up putting an airbag set up on it as well just for extra lift if needed...as far as axles go, i may end up swapping to a f250 axles since i have them already...but 10 bolt rears are pretty common to find also...the truck will more than likely stay 2wd since i don't plan on wheeling it...honestly just want something to stand out...i'm looking for a duramax set up to swap as well...and drive shaft will be custom like the whole suspension and steering set up...and as far as gears go, well i'm still looking into that...like i said i'm still researching it, but by the summer time the truck should be completed and back on the road...thanks guys

-dave

here is where i got my tires...ebay of course

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/52-MI...spagenameZWDVW

-dave

I don't know that the 10 bolt or a 250 axle will handle those tires. I would probably go with at least dana 60's or a 14 bolt rear, and d60 front. If you were going to do 4wd I would do rockwells because those are indestructible and about as big as you can go. just my 2 cents.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Yeah if you do a 10 bolt be prepared to replace it often it will not hold up to those 52" tires. I would be hesitant to put anythimng bigger than a 37 on a 10 bolt rear. Im not saying you cant do it and that I havent seen it work its just asking for trouble!

My .02

well the f250 rearend i have is a dana 60...and i thought about the 2 1/2 ton axles...well just have to see how everything plays out...i'm not going to wheel the truck...its just for show, and will not be driven all that much anyways...but thanks for all the advice guys...keep it coming, i appreciate it

-dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast