GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question vacume leak on throttle body

I have a vacume leak on the bottom of my throttle body and im pretty sure its the seal where the butter fly shaft goes through it.My question is how difficult are they to replace and where can I a diagram of the tbi?Thanks Aaron
    While driving remember this rule of thumb,If another driver switches lanes infront of you cutting you off causing you to slam on the brakes to avoid a collision that they almost caused its your fault and you should be happy that they flip you the bird when you lay on the horn.

throttle body is typically easy to replace. as far as a diagram is concerned I dont know but did you try to google it.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I did find a diagram online of the throttle body thats used on my truck.I also gave a wrong description of the shaft where the bad orings are.Its the throttle shaft on the bottom of tb.Has anyone here ever replaced them?Am I going to have to get a complete rebuild kit for the TB?
    While driving remember this rule of thumb,If another driver switches lanes infront of you cutting you off causing you to slam on the brakes to avoid a collision that they almost caused its your fault and you should be happy that they flip you the bird when you lay on the horn.

Jr. Mechanic

are you sure its shaft end seal?can you move shaft side to side?

Yes Im sure I sprayed carb spray in the area of the shaft and my idle will go up.Its also making a whistling noise from the same area.

Jr. Mechanic

try to spray lithium at that spot,carb spray just dries things out,what was symptom to go looking there?

Doesnt matter what I spray I even tryed wd40 the symptoms dont go away.