GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
    Didn't know about the interior. As for AFM, I am aware if I disable it, it will be off at all times; unless I pull the box out of the DLC (if I get the Range unit). As for M5, yes, it turns off AFM. As for hwy, on the interstate here in UT it does not remain in AFM mode that much due to the hills. I do not believe turning it off will affect fuel mileage that much in this area. If I lived in flat states, I could see it having a greater affect on fuel mileage.

Factor Nav is ok, like the interface with Onstar and like the USB port for MP3 files. However, I have used Pioneer units in my H3s. Had a AVIC Z1 in my 06 for two years, and then transferred it over to my 08 in 2008, and late last year pulled it and replaced it with a Pioneer 940. The screens and interface are more friendly, and like the direct plug into the front of the unit for a micro sd card.
    I've held back on the intune tuner myself for the same reason, I was a Ford dealer tech and I know we could see a lot more than people thought we could. I was told by diablo reps they leave no water marks but, I know GM better than that and figured the data logs were deeper than tune guidlines. Your post proves it; Any links to the range module you sited? I see your link above, but on the link you post the only thing I can see that module doing is increasing the use of AFM. I want to shut it off, my dealer said they could not when I asked.
    I am a American solder, I am a member of the finest fight force on earth, I am the bump in the night. I will defend the United states of American Against all enemies both foreign and domestic. Repent now all those who would do my nation and it's people harm; For when we come it will be too late.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE, Z71 with 5.3 l and max tow/haul package

I've never had an issue with getting warranty work done on my truck and I leave my tune on. But as I've said before we have a great relationship with our dealership
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

This thread is about the AFM shut off capabilities of the Range module.
    http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topi...nes-the-range/

The techs will not check for a tune or check the log files unless GM requests it and GM will only request it for major engine work such as replacement, rebuild, etc. I cannot see them questioning the tune of a water pump goes out, or a throttle body requires replacement, etc. only because it would be hard to document how a tune could cause those types of failures.

Bose thinks they make speakers, Ever since I heard bose car audio speakers, they were one of the first things to get replaced in the vehicle.

My Bose speakers sound awesome! You guys with low oil pressure readings, have a look at the oil sending unit, and the screen in the manifold. My sending unit was bad, and the screen clogged. I replaced those and my truck runs like a champ. Back on topic, the Diablosport Intune has the capablilty of turning off DOD. I leave mine on. This little handheld is truly a nice product.
    2007 Silverado 1500 LTZ 6.0L VortecMax - Magnaflow Catback

2008 Pontiac G8 GT - LS3 430 & many more goodies
    409 rwhp 402 rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    Does your 2010 have a manual shift mode? If yes I've read that putting the truck into M5 will not engage AFM.

Most tuners will disable AFM, Hypertech, Diablo, etc.

Turning off AFM will really impact your gas mileage.
    I tried manual shift mode on my 2011 and it still went into 4cyl AFM mode, I also tried tow/haul hoping that would lock it out but no luck.

Last edited by BigBlueLB756; 04-01-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    The Cheap-*ss Modder & Thread Killer
    The Realist says, "The glass is too big".

2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z60 4WD Crew Cab
    Mineral Green Metallic w/ Tan Leather Interior
    5.3 L FLEX w/AFM, 6A, Cheap-*ss Mods
    32 Dump Club Member
    Range V8 AFM Eliminator

Sr. Mechanic

Try it again. Put it in manual 5 and the AFM should not go on. This is the first I have heard where a truck is not operating properly in manual mode.

M5 the AFM should not turn on, M6 it will.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Tried it again on my way home from work and it still kicked into afm while I was in M5 off to the dealer we go on Monday morning.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast