GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Sr. Apprentice

Default 2010 Silverado 1500: How to remove the under-dash fuse box cover??

I've tried pulling out on both sides and top and bottom, she no budge! I've tried prying off the plastic button in the center of the cover. No workee!! How the hey do I remove that fuse-box cover??
    2010 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab 5.3

Sr. Mechanic

Are you sure it's a fuse box? Might be different than my '08 but in my truck there is one fuse box under the hood drivers side, and the other is on the drivers side of the dash, sort of pinched in between the door and the dash. Good luck.
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3, Rancho 4", 18x9 XD Addicts, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler m/t's, Westin brush guard, Go Rino steps, Truxedo lo pro cover, magnaflow, tow mirrors.

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    Just to be sure, our asking about......The Center Instrument Panel Fuse block that is located underneath the Instrument panel, and to the left of the steering column???.....if yes, on my Silverado, there's a Screw right in the center of the Fuse Box Cover, after removing it, cover can be removed.....I don't know if its the same on your 2010"......

Yes, that's the fusebox. If there is a screw, it's being covered with a plastic plug which isn't coming off very easily. I'll try again.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ljmueller View Post
    Are you sure it's a fuse box? Might be different than my '08 but in my truck there is one fuse box under the hood drivers side, and the other is on the drivers side of the dash, sort of pinched in between the door and the dash. Good luck.
    3 fuseboxes on my 2010: Under hood; l/s dash; under dash to left of steering column.

Former Member

That should be a junction box for a bunch of terminals (typically where guys tap into the retained accessory power), but there aren't any fuses (at least there aren't in my 2012). It was held in with a plastic push-type retainer that had to be broken/pulled out.

Sr. Apprentice

You're right. Just a junction box for body harnesses and their circuit breakers. I'm leaving it alone.

Thanks

Former Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trucking View Post
    You're right. Just a junction box for body harnesses and their circuit breakers. I'm leaving it alone.

Thanks

FYI:

If you are looking to add a circuit or to get an "ignition on" or RAP source for a relay, you can access one or two pins in one of those sockets (specifically the one labeled X-14). Just something to keep in mind since a lot of guys like to have accessories that turn on and off with the ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by Trucking View Post
    I've tried pulling out on both sides and top and bottom, she no budge! I've tried prying off the plastic button in the center of the cover. No workee!! How the hey do I remove that fuse-box cover??
    Just to be sure, our asking about......The Center Instrument Panel Fuse block that is located underneath the Instrument panel, and to the left of the steering column???.....if yes, on my Silverado, there's a Screw right in the center of the Fuse Box Cover, after removing it, cover can be removed.....I don't know if its the same on your 2010"......

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN