GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

A coworker of mine is getting the F-150 with the Rousch conversion, I guess it will cost $6500 for the conversion but there are tax benefits.
    2008 Silverado_ Gone
    2006 HHR LT
    2008 Cobalt LT
    2001 Sonoma Gone
    2009 Cobalt XFE

Quote Originally Posted by RatRod View Post
    A coworker of mine is getting the F-150 with the Rousch conversion, I guess it will cost $6500 for the conversion but there are tax benefits.
    Federal tax benefits? Like I said the city of Kirkland, Washington converted a lot of city vehicles, including police cruizers to run on some type of compressed gas, that was nearly 20 years ago. It can be done, I wonder what the cost savings are?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

This is a popular topic on the search engines right now, anyone else think about a project like this?

Quote Originally Posted by RatRod View Post
    That's very expensive over here the most expensive Propane injection is $4000 all incl.
    Peter Smet
    Haasdonk, Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Davandy View Post
    That's very expensive over here the most expensive Propane injection is $4000 all incl.
    What's your experience with Propane been overall? You like it for the most part?

I like it , but you have less power than on regular gas.
    The reason we run on propane is the price and the advantage of bi fuel. But it's possible to build an engine that has more power on propane than gas. higher compression, other advance system and so on.

Yep, a properly built propane specific engine will have more horsepower (about 15% more horsepower) than the same size gasoline engine, higher compression is key.
    Propane has more BTU's gasoline when compared in equal amounts, and it burns cleaner with less carbon build up in the cylinders and crank case oils. You can actually run longer netween oil changes when running propane.

Quote Originally Posted by TrippleB View Post
    Hi all..... I was wondering if anyone out there has tried to convert their engines to a propane/gas hybrid?
    I have been looking at the possibility of doing this what with the sky high gas price, but I would still like to keep the option of going back to gasoline if I need the power. Anyone have any comments or ideas on this one???

Thanks
    3XB

2001 Sierra with a 4.8L V8

I have been wondering the same thing I haven't been able to find a lot of information. Also, the HHO conversion-is that a scam? Bernie

How volitile is the Propane or CNG market compared to the gasoline or diesel market?

Also, I saw something on the news recently about someone getting a CNG vehicle and plugging it into their garage CNG port, as their house used CNG for heating and cooking anyhow. How cool would that be, but I'm not sure how safe it would be. I guess it's just a port like one that goes into your stove or hot water heater. Anyone have experience with this?
    Some people call me the space cowboy ... some people don't.

2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 Just picked it up
    2007 Chevy Colorado Just traded her in!

Is there any data on how much horsepower / MPG difference there is for a Propane Conversion?