GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Oh I forgot the new trucks have the 6 speed, mine does not. Okay I am probably wrong, sorry for the wrong info.....
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I wouldn't say wrong...because you're right if you didn't have the 6 spd then you'd definitely want lower!

4 inch body lift on my truck. Lets just say it rolls like a tank and is a rough rider. But as long as it's jacked up, honestly I don't care how any chevy truck rides, just as long as it looks mean. But coming from a truck had that a suspension lift, to one with a body lift. You can really tell the difference. I go down a dirt road for half a hour and my back is itching like crazy from the bouncing and rubbing up and down on the seat. Probably won't change it though, just throw a suspension lift in their to one day.
    94 Chevrolet K1500 4x4. 5.7L 350, 5-speed (AKA Betty) Or Rust Bucket...depends on if I'm mad at her.

Well I have also seen, whole body screws damaged while the truck was being used off street due to the improved pressure on the screws. Your truck looks great as it is which is another purpose, why i would hold out and do it right.

I did a 2" level on 1.5" body and like it. It doesn't sway as much as my brother's 3" body lift but gives me a little more clearance for the tires. I have no complaints. I still tow the same hay trailers through the fields as before without issues. If you get the rear wheel well fillers you can't even tell it was body lifted. I did raise the nerf bars the 1.5" difference so it hides the frame.

Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

Looks good ! I have a 2 1/2 level kit with 3 " rear block and was thinking of adding a 1 1/2 " body lift just to give it a little more lift. What size tires are you running ?

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywolf858 View Post
    I did a 2" level on 1.5" body and like it. It doesn't sway as much as my brother's 3" body lift but gives me a little more clearance for the tires. I have no complaints. I still tow the same hay trailers through the fields as before without issues. If you get the rear wheel well fillers you can't even tell it was body lifted. I did raise the nerf bars the 1.5" difference so it hides the frame.

285/70R17. I may bumped up to 305/55R20 with the next wheel change.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123