GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Moral of the story is when the bubble bursts its gonna be a dog eat dog world with everyone looking out for #1 first and everybody/anybody else if time/situation permits.
    I like to think of myself as a friendly helpful guy but in the end Ill be looking out for me!!
    Forward all future correspondance ico general delivery back of no where Montana in the middle of the Bitter Roots where theres nothing to attract a zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Forward all future correspondance ico general delivery back of no where Montana in the middle of the Bitter Roots where theres nothing to attract a zombie.
    Except you!

Ahhh but Im bitter and leave a bad taste in your mouth just ask any of my exs theyll tell ya. But I am convinced some of them were zombies.

I'm sorry, that's way TMI!

Getting back to the root of the topic here, seems like there could be a good cause for a omnifuel vehicle with full cladding on it so that it's mobile (so you can travel and do scouting missions) but also where you could hold tight while the zombie herds come at you. Going to need a covered escape pod on the top where you can maybe mount a 50 cal too, and/or archer ports.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I dont really see the need for any special armor plate. Zombies dont have weapons to fight with. Same with speed. Multiple entrance/exit points would be a plus above and below the vehicle. Maybe window covers with gun ports would work. Im not a big fan of full auto weapons in this situation since ammo isnt infinite. Id rather have edged weapons or arrows to do buisness with. If you set the vehicle up right you could use it like the rat traps Morgan consrtucted.

Ok, just depends on where you're sourcing your zombie information from. On some of these zombie programs, it's clear that the undead can break glass of a standard car window, which let's face it ... ain't all that hard to do.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

Which is why I was saying window covers with gun ports. Maybe something you could slide into place from inside the vehicle. A screen of sorts so youd still have some visibility.

Civilians can buy the Marauder ... and it has armor plate, bullet proof glass (to resist other scavengers with weapons), gun ports, and IED resistance ... and seats 8 in some configurations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marauder_(vehicle)

I'd own one now if I had stupid amounts of money...

Yeah, it's big and no zombies (or other survivors) are going to bother you in it, but I think a swift and stealthy operation would be much better than a "loud and can't get me" type of vehicle. Plus how much fuel is that thing going to burn?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Yeah, it's big and no zombies (or other survivors) are going to bother you in it, but I think a swift and stealthy operation would be much better than a "loud and can't get me" type of vehicle. Plus how much fuel is that thing going to burn?
    Fuel is my chief concern, too, in a situation where the Zompocalypse is merely a euphemism for a potentially real catastrophe. But in the fantasy land of actual zombies ... where most of the population has already been killed off ... fuel never seems to go bad. So, you can drive anything you like knowing there's plenty of fuel and few people consuming it.

Zombies aren't real ... and in the world of the unreal, fuel never goes bad.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast