Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: Is EFI Live worth it?
03-22-2013, 09:51 PM #1
Is EFI Live worth it?
I am looking at a Dmax soon and all I hear about is how EFI Live is the way to go.... so I do some research....
- The only way to contact them is email (They don't want to talk to you)
- You can't get a hand held tuner alone, you have to go to an authorized reseller and have then tune the truck first, if they do a horrible job your engine can blow up or run crappy, if they do a good job, life is great.... (They do not have quality control over their authorized dealers and tuners)
- Their authorized dealers are spotty..... there isn't even one in each state, but some states have 4 authorized dealers.
- Should I just use the Diablo Sport Intune I have for my gasser and keep the tuning on the "safe" side.... when I go diesel.
- I called 15 authorized dealers over 12 states and every single one required me to leave a voice mail, some of them sounded like they work out of their basement... (really reassuring) ....Am I going to trust you with my truck, probably not.
Right now I am really turned off by the amount of information and quality control by EFI Live.
Last edited by PantheraUncia; 03-22-2013 at 10:07 PM.
03-23-2013, 07:44 AM #2
ive heard that the dieselguys love efi live. ive also heard that they love bullydog. couldnt tell you which way to go. maybe stick with the diablo for a while and do more research, or, pony the cash for a full dyno tune....
2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino
Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers
03-23-2013, 08:29 AM #3
Banks is another name to look into. I know they have built some BadA$$ diesel's as some of their project trucks.
2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18
03-23-2013, 09:10 AM #4
03-24-2013, 01:47 PM #5
If you're looking to get your truck tuned using EFI Live then go to someone who has a great reputation such as Black bear Performance or someone similar. You can also buy the EFI programmer and tune it yourself, but if you don't know what youre doing then you'll mess the truck up.Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.
For Sale EFI Live Flashscan V2By TomK in forum General ClassifiedsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-28-2012, 12:20 PM
By GMCErica in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit ChatReplies: 17Last Post: 12-05-2011, 08:50 AM
By dwill3015 in forum Games ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 10-25-2010, 12:37 PM
By Steve in forum Chevy Truck Talk & NewsReplies: 4Last Post: 06-16-2009, 07:33 AM
By mwdhand in forum Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)Replies: 2Last Post: 05-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Tags for this Thread