GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-14_14-17-26_818.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	51368I saw my chevy version of the craptor. I call it "the Phantom" would just have to add some horses.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

i think chevy should have an available pre runner type of package that any dealership will install or have a dedicated shop to install it complete with factory warranty. i think dodge did something like that. i think that would be the way to go. they could have different levels of the kit.
    level one could be just suspension wheels tires and flares, level two could be level one plus bumpers and lights, level 3 would be the first 2 plus some power adders either through gm performance or again aftermarket but still with gm warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by yotchie View Post
    i think chevy should have an available pre runner type of package that any dealership will install or have a dedicated shop to install it complete with factory warranty. i think dodge did something like that. i think that would be the way to go. they could have different levels of the kit.
    level one could be just suspension wheels tires and flares, level two could be level one plus bumpers and lights, level 3 would be the first 2 plus some power adders either through gm performance or again aftermarket but still with gm warranty.
    The conversion companys that gm uses such as Rocky Ridge and Southern comfort conversions do just that. Your factory warranty remains intact. If there is a problem with anything the conversion company installs or has caused to fail the conversion company mirror images gm's warranty and covers it. This is why I bought mine this way. There is an official GM website that lists the companies that are by contract required to warranty. Heres the link: http://www.gmfleet.com/specialty-veh...ufacturer.html

If your vehicle is under normal warranty. Then whatever caused a problem it is for GM and the specialty vehicle manufacturer to hash out wich one of them is going to pay for what.
    I spent a lot of time researching this with a lot of dealers telling me my warranty was void due to what was done to my truck. Little did they know that these aftermarket companies have contract with GM.
    Im sure most of the utility bodies put on brand new trucks dont have their warranty void as soon as the body is put on. Im also sure if the body has a problem or caused a problem that GM. itself would not warranty it.

Quite often I have thought exactly like the OP, why is there no Raptor- or Lightening-fighter from GM? But, I answer my own question much like has already been stated in this thread: buy your own entry-level truck and then mod it to your desires.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123