GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Ford Apologizes for Offensive Ads

Umm, yea...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2941297.html

Default Ford India Figo Ads - Sexist - Paris Hilton - Michael Schumacher - Silvio Berlusconi

WOW, how could these be real ads? Seriously, who would approve this? I mean, I'm not really in-tune with the Indian buyers mindset on what features they need in a vehicle, but can having the ability to have three busty women tied up in your hatchback be on most buyer's list of must-have amenities?

Actually, now that I've read the story a bit more, they're tongue-in-cheek ads designed to make fun the situations that the driver is in. The first one features someone who looks like sex-crazed Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, the second shows a Paris Hilton figure with some Kardashians in the trunk, and the third shows Michael Schumacher taking Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso, and Lewis Hamilton for a ride.

Ford India Ad: Car Company, Ad Agency Apologize For Figo Ad Showing Gagged & Bound Women (IMAGE)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ford-figo-sexist-print-ad-starring-silvio-berlusconi.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	50912 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ford-figo-sexist-print-ad-starring-paris-hilton.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	50913 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ford-figo-sexist-print-ad-starring-michael-schumacher.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	50914
    Last edited by Steve; 03-25-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Blog Entries

those aren't ads that you see everyday, now are they?

maybe it was more of a pr stunt instead of an actual set of ads. i mean they are just character drawings like you might get down at the state fair, so they dont have a lot of money invested in these things.
    Clint
    Rockwall, Texas

2008 Suburban 4WD BEAST! plus a couple of other Chevy rides!

I dont know Id kind of like yo see the car with paris hilton and the kartrashians flying off a seaside clff into shark infested waters. But I would feel bad about the sharks getting stomach aches from that rotten food.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I want one...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

How could they fail to forsee there'd be backlash from ads that could be construed to show kidnapping/rape? Sure, such construction lacks context, but that's the point -- the general public wouldn't see them in the context for which they were intended.

Astonishing, really. Not the content ... that doesn't bug or shock me. Rather, the inability to anticipate what would happen ... and make better choices to avoid it ... is what shocks me.

Surreal have you traveled much overseas?
    In many countries and India is one of the worst advertisers use shock value in their advertising to catch the publics attention. Many time youll see ads that you know would never be allowed in the U. S. for various reasons.
    In Australia one of my favorite beer comercial ads started out with a guy stomping the stuffing out of 2 other guys he stops looks at the camera and says thats why I like to drink xyz beer they make a stronger bottle for defending yourself in a fight oh yea they also make a helluva good beer for cooling doen after your done.
    Never see that in the USA.