GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Traction Control / Performance

Hey Ya'll,
    I have a 2010 Silverado, it's only a 2 wheel drive but I still take it off road; i have a jeep that i use to pull me out if i get stuck. My truck does pretty good in the mud and even when I turn the traction control off by holding the button down, I lose power when I go through the mud, even if I'm flooring it...
    Is this an engine performance issue? Or is there a way to completely disable the traction control?
    Any ideas??
    Thanks

-Lo-

Are you actually losing power, or just losing traction, and as a result, your engine isn't having to work as hard to turn the wheels.
    Seems like a normal condition, as you're describing it... When you say "power loss" can you be more specific? For example, are you having a hard time keeping both rear wheels engaged?

-Skip
    2006 Vortec Max 1500
    Performance:
    -Custom Tune (389HP 440 Ft/lbs Trq - Dyno'd) | Volant CAI | Magnaflow Dual-in/out Exhaust w/3" stainless pipe tips | Fully Built Transmission w/ Red Eagle Clutches & Kolene Steels w/ Corvette Servos and Stage2 Shift Kit | 35K Tranny Cooler | Mobil 1 | Royal Purple Rear Diff
    Other:
    -Spray-in Bed Liner
    -Premium Sound w/lifetime Satellite Radio | Leather | Sunroof | Heated Seats
    -Limbstriping from USING the truck (those are badges of honor)

My '09 works the same when in 2x4.

Along with traction control, we also have stability control. The traction control can be turned off, the stability can not.

I haven't looked for a fuse that could be pulled.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    My '09 works the same when in 2x4.

Along with traction control, we also have stability control. The traction control can be turned off, the stability can not.

I haven't looked for a fuse that could be pulled.
    On my 09 4x4 that I'm trading in tomorrow if you push and hold the TC button it will disable the Stabilitrac, you should get 2 noticed on the DIC right after one another....Upon immediately pushing the TC button it will say "Traction Control Disabled" keep holding the button for about 5 seconds and then you will get a message that says "Stabilitrac Disabled", at this point your TC and SC should BOTH be turned off. Well, at least that's how mine operates. I'll know tomorrow if the 2013s operate the same way.

Hope this helps.
    -Nick
    2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT, Z71 Appearance Package, Vortec 5.3L AFM
    Victory Red, Ebony Cloth
    Custom pin striping, Bed Rail Protectors, GM Bed Liner, Husky Liner Floor Liners, Tint, Wade In-Channel Window Visors, Tractor Supply Black Low Profile Toolbox

Quote Originally Posted by nickgiacalone View Post
    On my 09 4x4 that I'm trading in tomorrow if you push and hold the TC button it will disable the Stabilitrac, you should get 2 noticed on the DIC right after one another....Upon immediately pushing the TC button it will say "Traction Control Disabled" keep holding the button for about 5 seconds and then you will get a message that says "Stabilitrac Disabled", at this point your TC and SC should BOTH be turned off. Well, at least that's how mine operates. I'll know tomorrow if the 2013s operate the same way.

Hope this helps.
    Now that's good to know, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    Now that's good to know, thanks for the info.
    No problem! Hope it works!

Quote Originally Posted by nickgiacalone View Post
    No problem! Hope it works!
    It does, had to go out and give it a try thanks.