GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 01 silverado 1500 13xtreme offroad engine question

I have been told that this truck was made by special order only and that the 5.3l has a 327ci vs the other 325ci 5.3l which is a much better engine. Can anyone verify these claims? Or does anyone know of this package that can offer some insight? She has a superchip, AFE cool air and a few other tid bits as I'm still exploring whats been done, runs like a dream so not complaining either way, just good to know if this is true. Thanks everyone for reading.
    14/88

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Was it built by a Upfitter? ( A Pkg Co that builds trucks and cars for the dealerships at High Markups)
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I know thats a distinct possibility, although I'm not sure how to tell. I know when the DMV runs it, it shows as a base silverado 1500 LS with 4.7. (wrong engine size)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Is there a sticker in the back that says Camper or something like that? If a Co makes a lot or trucks for a Pkg Over 100 they have to put a sticker on the back. When I worked on the Neiman- Marcus Subs they all had it... http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...n/viewall.html

If you are talking about the back of the truck then no. a small oval sticker from a local used car/truck dealer but thats it

- - - Updated - - -

I am thinking it's something aftermarket more and more..although no extra decals (other than 13xtreme) to indicate a company. Just got off the phone with the local Chevrolet dealer and they had never heard of it..