GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nice looking truck!!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

[QUOTE=TRPLXL2;552251]Very nice looking truck, endless possibilities!!! You should have kept your old bullbat and put it on this truck, all you had to do was flip the brackets upside down and it would've worked. I took my bullbar off my 2500hd, flipped the brackets and mounted it on
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Nice looking truck!!
    Thanks!!!!

grats on the new ride!

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by nickgiacalone View Post
    I will get some interior pics up in the next day or two. It actually has bed rail protectors and bed liner from the dealer. When it comes to adding chrome accents, I really like everything being red. I do not like tonneau covers as I quite frequently have tall things in my truck. I am picking up a black low profile toolbox this weekend. Personally, I have never been a fan of assist steps. I went from a 2500hd with no assist steps to this, so stepping into this truck with no steps is no big deal at all. I will also get some close-shots of the console safe I installed and the custom pinstripe this weekend when it's hopefully not so gloomy out.
    I got the TonnoPro HF-155, it is a tri-fold cover so you can still haul tall object in your bed when need be. The HF-155 is a vinyl covered hard tonneau cover.

I would not get rid of the front air dam, it is there for a reason. The front air dam is used to direct air for cooling. If it was un-necessary, GM would have not put it on the truck.

Leveling kits IMO are almost un-noticeable and not worth the price.

I like the looks of the golden Bowtie, so it is up to you if you want to change it.

I have a chrome tailgate handle, got it on ebay for ~$25. A red one might be on there.

Here is a complete set in chrome:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-12-Chevy-...ce585a&vxp=mtr

You don't have to use the mirror covers.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Very nice! Congrats. Love that "new" smell.
    2006 Vortec Max 1500
    Performance:
    -Custom Tune (389HP 440 Ft/lbs Trq - Dyno'd) | Volant CAI | Magnaflow Dual-in/out Exhaust w/3" stainless pipe tips | Fully Built Transmission w/ Red Eagle Clutches & Kolene Steels w/ Corvette Servos and Stage2 Shift Kit | 35K Tranny Cooler | Mobil 1 | Royal Purple Rear Diff
    Other:
    -Spray-in Bed Liner
    -Premium Sound w/lifetime Satellite Radio | Leather | Sunroof | Heated Seats
    -Limbstriping from USING the truck (those are badges of honor)

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    I got the TonnoPro HF-155, it is a tri-fold cover so you can still haul tall object in your bed when need be. The HF-155 is a vinyl covered hard tonneau cover.

I would not get rid of the front air dam, it is there for a reason. The front air dam is used to direct air for cooling. If it was un-necessary, GM would have not put it on the truck.

Leveling kits IMO are almost un-noticeable and not worth the price.

I like the looks of the golden Bowtie, so it is up to you if you want to change it.

I have a chrome tailgate handle, got it on ebay for ~$25. A red one might be on there.

Here is a complete set in chrome:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-12-Chevy-...ce585a&vxp=mtr

You don't have to use the mirror covers.
    The air dams seem to rip off of most of our work trucks and they seem to run fine, but I'll give it a try and if it starts running hot I can always put it back on. I always say that I'm going to keep a vehicle until it falls apart but truth is, I don't. So in all likeliness, I'll probably tint the front windows, try to find a red tailgate handle, a set of "in the track" window visors, and a low profile toolbox. I'll drive it for 3 or 4 years and get rid of it. That's if I can make it that long once I see the 2014's up close.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Very nice! Congrats. Love that "new" smell.
    I do as well, it's too bad it never seems to last very long.
    -Nick
    2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT, Z71 Appearance Package, Vortec 5.3L AFM
    Victory Red, Ebony Cloth
    Custom pin striping, Bed Rail Protectors, GM Bed Liner, Husky Liner Floor Liners, Tint, Wade In-Channel Window Visors, Tractor Supply Black Low Profile Toolbox

Blog Entries

agree with you on that painted front end----sure looks great, especially in red !!!!!!
    Brian from Canada
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

That is a beautiful truck!! I was so glad when Chevy went back to the straight horizontal hoodline...I really do not like the "scowl" of the '03 and later models, which is why I bought an '01 last time I was looking. This truck of yours might get me back to thinking about a new Chevy....really, really nice.

jim

The air damn on the front is for fuel economy. We did a test on my buddies '13 silverado and there wasn't a difference in fuel economy so I'd say take it off. I take them off every truck I've had. And the z71 appearance package is awesome, ill be buying a duramax within the year and it'll deffently have the z71 package. Beautiful truck love the red
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Sr. Apprentice

Congratulations on the new truck.
    2010 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab 5.3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast