I have a 2005 Silverado LT Crewcab 2500 Duramax with the Bose system. I've taken this issue to a GM dealer, and they refuse to work on it, so I'm looking for alternate help.

The door/warning chimes and radio only work about 10% of the time. It seems to work when I haven't driven the truck in a few days, and never seems to work if I have driven the truck in the last 24 hours. When it does work, I can be driving down a smooth road and the radio suddenly stops playing. I've also missed a low fuel warning chime a couple times, but thankfully haven't been stranded. Yet.

At the dealer, I arrived, and the radio was working. Turned truck off, checked it in, they were getting mileage and noticed the lack of chimes. I said that's one of the things I wanted them to work on. They turned the key to off and back to on, and the radio and chimes came back. They said, Fixed. It's not.

Car Toys said it was the amps (conversation only, not based on actual diagnostics), but since the system does periodically come back to me, I'm not convinced. I don't think it's fuses, either. I could be wrong, though.

The truck does have a professionally-installed aftermarket roof DVD system, installed by the previous owner. I've had this truck for just over a year, and it's been doing this for the last 4 months. The DVD system has been used twice since my purchase (the back seat is set up for dogs, and they really don't care to watch a movie).

I have a long trip coming up, and would really like to get the issue resolved. Where do I start?

TIA!

April Fingerlos
Parker, Colorado